How to Raise Capital and Invest in Crowd Fund Real Estate
- You should have a rudimentary understanding of real estate investment
- A basic understanding of simple math concepts
What was originally intended as a boost for small businesses, has turned into a massive revolution in real estate.
The whole thing started with the JOBS Act of 2012.
JOBS Act stands for 'Jumpstart Our Business Startups' and when it was passed the idea was to grow companies.
But what it did was to allow real estate development companies to advertise their deals for the first time in nearly 80 years.
This might not seem like a big deal, but think about this.
Until they were allowed to advertise they had to go to the same people, again, and again, and again, whenever they wanted to raise money for their deals.
And although they and their investors got rich over the years, it meant that ordinary Americans were cut out of some of the most valuable real estate deals in the country.
Now, for the first time, almost everyone has access to real estate deals the previously were the exclusive domain of the ultra wealthy of America.
This course explains:
- The background to why you have, until now, been precluded from investing with the best developers in the best deals.
- How it is possible now.
- Introduction to some of the types of investments you can make.
- Where you can find the deals.
- What to watch for and what to NEVER do when investing in Crowd Fund Real Estate deals online.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn how to finance and invest in crowd fund real estate deals
- Anyone with experience in stocks/bond investing and who would like to learn how to diversify into real estate
- 05:09Introduction & Background
- 02:06Ground Rules
- 02:51Avoiding Pitfalls
- 05:43Discovering Crowd Fund Real Estate
- 05:03What is Crowd Fund Real Estate
- 02:32The Accredited Investor Standard
- 04:21What It Means to You
- 02:29Regulations and Marketplaces (websites)
- 04:17Contextualizing a Completely New Industry
- 03:46Some More Marketplaces
- 02:27What's Next
- 03:13Getting Up To Speed
- 02:52BONUS LECTURE - Supplementary Products and Materials
Adam Gower is a bilingual, 30-year veteran in real estate, banking, and finance who earned his Ph.D. in banking history.
He has held senior management positions at some of the largest real estate companies and institutions in the world and is recognized as an industry thought leader on the impact of crowdfunding on real estate.
Dr. Gower lives and works in California and has taught the only fully accredited course in the country that focuses on Real Estate crowdfunding and finance (available at GowerCrowd dot com).
His first real estate book Leaders of the Crowd, (New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2019) is based on his internationally syndicated podcast series at GowerCrowd dot com and reports on conversations he had with members of the White House, Congress, lobbyists, and early adopters. In it he examines the origins of crowdfunding regulations and how real estate came to dominate the industry.
His next real estate book, Real Estate Crowdfunding, An Insider's Guide to Investing Online (New York: Routledge, 2020) provides a roadmap for investors interested in building wealth and earning passive income participating in real estate syndications online.
Dr. Gower is a regular contributor to the National Real Estate Investor magazine (NREIOnline dot com) and is a prolific writer and podcaster at GowerCrowd dot com, providing educational content to developers wanting to raise money and investors wanting to find opportunities.