Strokes disable. Strokes kill. Minimise your risk.
- 8.5 hours on-demand video
- 13 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- 1. Identify risk factors for a stroke
- 2. Take action to reduce their chances of getting a stroke
- Live life more safely!
- 1. This is very much a course to try and minimise your chances of having a stroke. Therefore participants should have a willingness to learn and if necessary, change.
- 2. Pass on the tips and ideas, thoughts and stories to elderly relatives and friends - or just remember them for yourself!
- 3. Appropriate mindset. This course is not a loss leader. It is not a course that will suddenly have a price put on it. The course is free and there is one aim only: to help everyone minimise their chances of suffering from a stroke
- 4. As there are links given in the lectures you should be able to use the internet - make sure you have anti-virus software that is up to date!
- 5. Access to a PC
DO NOT ENROL ON THIS COURSE UNLESS YOU HAVE WATCHED THE SAMPLE LESSONS AND ALSO READ THIS COURSE DESCRIPTION. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHETHER THIS IS PAID FOR, A GIFT OR EVEN...FREE. IT STILL TAKES TIME TO WATCH. MAKE SURE YOU REALLY WANT TO DO THIS COURSE. THANK YOU.
In 2016 I suffered a mini-stroke. Since then I have been researching possible ways to reduce the risk of me getting a stroke - either mini or full-blown. Apparently up to 90% of strokes can be prevented with lifestyle changes.
This course is the result of my own research.
I am NOT a doctor. I am NOT medically qualified. I am NOT speaking on behalf of any organisation.
These lectures are simply my thoughts as I try and spread the word about risk factors. I am also trying to raise awareness - which is why sometimes the lectures may seem to contradict. This is to encourage discussion.
I triple stress: these lectures are just my own research. I am NOT giving out medical advice.
But I am trying to encourage people to think about their own risk and to seek medical advice where needed.
What makes this course a success? If it encourages you to reduce your own risk!
What this course covers:
The course includes a workbook:
Chapter 1 What causes TIAs?
What is a TIA?
Why it is important
What are the causes of a TIA?
How is a TIA diagnosed?
Treatment for a TIA
Symptoms of a ministroke
Reducing the risk
Medication and side effects
Chapter 2 Studies
Residual symptoms of a TIA
Role of brain imaging in TIA
TIA and common mimics
Chapter 3 Return to TIAs
Symptoms of a stroke
How a TIA is diagnosed
Chapter 4 Stroke quiz
(A link to a site that has a) stroke quiz
Chapter 5 Comments
Comments about TIAs
Chapter 6 Return to risk factors
Chapter 7 Chameleons, panic attacks and TIAs
Could the TIA be a panic attack?
Anxiety or mini stroke
Panic attack v heart attack
Chapter 8 Food
Foods increasing stroke risk
Chapter 9 Dr Malcolm Kendrick
Very interesting extracts from his blog, about strokes
Chapter 10 Risk calculator
Links and explanations about various stroke risk calculators
A workbook is included
- Everyone - as everyone is at risk, whatever your age!