How to Prepare Your Child for Kindergarten Success
What you'll learn
- How a Parent can Teach their Child through Auditory Awareness
- Give Your Child the Advantage of Many Activities for Smelling and Tasting
- Assist Your Child in Learning through the Sense of Touch
- Prepare Your Child for Kindergarten with Physical Development
- Teach about shapes and colors. Jump start their kindergarten preparation skills with hundreds of activities
- Ensure your child is ready for Kindergarten with proper speech and language development
- Your child should be well on their way to beginning reading and understand letter and handwriting directionality
- Teach social interaction and behavior in young children. A skill sorely needed in today's classrooms.
- Understand Parent/Teacher Conferences and what your child's teacher is looking for. Discover educational terms and "speak" the education language.
- Discover hundreds of home learning activities specifically designed for parents in the home.
- A loving parent willing to teach in just minutes a day to assist their child to prepare for the kindergarten experience.
- Simple yet effective tools made in the home are all that's needed to prepare your child for a successful kindergarten entrance.
- All tools and techniques are fully contained in the CompuRead Kindergarten Manual, included with this course.
This course presents hundreds of teaching techniques designed for the preschool and kindergarten student to successfully enter kindergarten fully prepared for this experience. It empowers parents and professional educators alike to fully utilize a preschooler to enter kindergarten with a distinct advantage.
IS YOUR CHILD PREPARED AT HOME
Most every teacher can spot a child on the first day of Kindergarten who has been raised in a home where he has been given responsibility and has taken the blame for his own actions. That confidence glows from within when the child shows up at the Kindergarten door ready with as many of the skills presented herein as possible. These skills can be taught, for the most part, if the parent or guardian is aware of what to teach and what the child will face in his school situation. Knowing them gives your child an edge on learning academically, physically and socially.
PACKED WITH HUNDREDS OF ACTIVITIES
The activities are purposely written to utilize the standard objects found in the home and school. Most can be used with one or many students. They can be enjoyed at home, in a preschool or day care situation or in a regular kindergarten. Reading preparation can be taught in many different ways and these are varied and exciting for learners as well as parents.
Teaching reading and forming a bond with caring parents and siblings begins at birth. The hands-on activities begin with very early learners and can be carried into kindergarten and the primary grades.
Games, movement activities, poems and songs have been enjoyed by preschool and kindergartners for as many years as parents and teachers have been teaching.
These techniques cover the five senses; hear, smell, sight, taste and touch. All senses are incorporated into the skills and abilities necessary for a well rounded and thoroughly prepared child.
PREPARE YOUR CHILD FOR TOP PERFORMANCE
Throughout this guidebook the author presents in detail many activities that parents and teachers can use to assist all preschoolers to be fully prepared to be top performers - Summa Cum Laude - with the kindergarten experience and all through their elementary school life.
COMPLETE SET OF ALPHABET WALL CHARTS
To assist the child further, we have a compete set of pre-reading Phonics Wall Charts which gives your learner an early start into knowing the phonetic sounds of English before entering kindergarten. Included with our Wall Charts, are hundreds of word sample meanings to advanced a child's vocabulary, a skill seldom learned by the majority of kindergarten children.
FULLY PREPARED FOR KINDERGARTEN
Through your forethought and actions your child will be fully prepared to do very well on Kindergarten entrance tests and follow-on tests throughout your child's kindergarten year. Tests that will place your child categories that will follow him for years to come.
Congratulations and taking action to work with the CompuRead kindergarten preparation program to prepare your child for kindergarten success.
Who this course is for:
- A parent and their child who understand the importance of Kindergarten preparation.
- Through this course, your child can become a Kindergarten Superstar.
Scott began working with the CompuRead program and designed all their printed and digital materials including five technical education manuals, 156 handwriting videos, over 300 worksheets and reading charts and voice narration of over 6,000 slides and pages.
He is instrumental in developing over 60 Mingle Games designed to teach reading concepts for the elementary classroom. These games, from easy to more advanced are simple to understand yet challenging for the child's age and student abilities. All games are designed for maximum student interaction.
He graduated from Brigham Young University in 1980 with a Bachelor of Arts in Communications and pursued his Masters degree at Central Missouri State University. He is also an AWAI certified B2B direct response copywriter.
He has worked closely with both authors of the CompuRead program since 1985 and has been highly influential in the development of the entire CompuRead series program.