How to Prepare for Your PMP Exam
- Basic understanding of project management and the PMP Exam.
In this 8-lesson course we take you step by step through the process of applying to, studying for and hopefully passing the PMP Exam. It is your quick guide to the most sought after project management certification in the world.
The course answers the following questions:
- Who is eligible to take the PMP Exam?
- How do you fill in the PMP Exam application?
- What goes into a PMP Exam study plan?
- What are some recommended PMP Exam study materials?
- How should I study for the PMP Exam?
- How will practice tests help in PMP Exam preparation?
- What happens on the day of the PMP Exam?
- How do you re-certify the PMP certificate every three years?
Who this course is for:
- Project Managers who are considering to take the PMP Exam.
- 11:59Assess Your Eligibility
- 10:19Filling out the Application
- 09:12Build a PMP Exam Study Plan
- 11:54Essential Study Materials
- 08:47Study Tips and Techniques
- 10:17Using Practice Tests to get Ready
- 10:15What to Expect on Your PMP Exam Day
- 10:06Getting Recertified and Earning PDUs
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM is a noted project management expert. Over the past 9 years he has helped over 25,000 students prepare for their PMP Exam. He created and developed The PM PrepCast, which is the first and still only true podcast to help you prepare for the exam.
Cornelius is a senior project manager who has been leading projects in his native Switzerland, in Germany and in the USA. He started his career as a PM in the 1990s and received his PMP credential in April 2004. He has led small and medium sized projects for a management consulting company, a national retailer, an internet startup company, and for one of the oldest financial service providers in the USA. The projects he was responsible for where in the areas of logistics, website development and IT. His passions are Agile, project management methodologies and PMOs.
In 2005 Cornelius launched The Project Management Podcast where he regularly discusses project management topics with his guests. In over 300 podcast episodes he analyzes project management methodologies, best practices, new developments, books and recommendations. Each discussion is focused on conveying the experience of Cornelius and his guests to the listeners, so that they can apply this knowledge on their projects today.
As a public speaker Cornelius often appears at project management conferences, symposiums and workshops. He speaks about social media in project management, project leadership on small projects as well as influence in project management to name just three. His articles have appeared in CIO magazine.
Cornelius is also an active volunteer with The Project Management Institute. As such he is the 2007 president of The PMI Orange County chapter as well as a founding member of both PMI’s New Media Council and PMI’s Social Media Advisory Group.
Cornelius lives in Silverado, CA with his wife and their three computers.