How to Play Piano - Your First Lesson!
- You should have access to a piano or keyboard
Have you always wanted to play the piano, but were not sure if you want to fully commit to private lessons or an expensive course?
If so this course is for you!
I wanted to create a very basic course for a complete beginner.
This course does simply one thing - demystifies the keyboard.
If you look at a piano and think, "this is too complicated to learn", this course will hopefully dispel those thoughts.
The piano is much more logical and easier to understand than most people think.
I will teach you...
- How to purchase your first keyboard (amongst the many, many, many keyboards that are out there)
- The 12 unique notes that make the 88 keys of the piano easy to memorize
- How the piano is spaced out
- How the piano relates to other instruments
- How the piano relates to singers
By the end of this course the piano itself, will make a lot more sense!
- Complete beginners who have never touched the piano
- This course is not for someone who has taken a piano lesson before
- Demystifying Your First Piano / Keyboard Purchase05:12
- The Types of Pianos04:30
- 12 Notes01:10
- White Notes01:04
- Black Notes01:56
- Weird Area02:19
- Semitones and Whole Tones02:45
- Practice Activity - Memorizing the Notes02:31
- Where Should Your Left and Right Hand Go?03:29
- The Big Picture of the Keyboard02:57
- Quiz2 questions
- Thank you01:43
- Bonus Offer!00:37
Hi I'm Rob! A full-time musician and teacher in New York City and Los Angeles. I'm passionate about music and education.
I'm the founder of Musicians Inspired, a website dedicated to inspiring musicians to create by teaching them new skills FAST.
I'm also a former music instructor with a Fender Grant winning non-profit and teach privately. My students have ranged from signed recording artists and songwriters to working professionals who just love music.
I'm a bestselling Udemy Instructor and have been teaching since 2015. Many of my courses have been featured on Udemy. I have 40,000+ students and 5,000+ reviews, across 12 courses. I work with other teachers to help them achieve the same success.