How to Play Piano and Sing 'Let it Be' by the Beatles
- You need to know your way around the piano keyboard and have access to an instrument.
- You will learn the chords and the structure of this great pop ballad. You will be using your voice to discover the melody.
- In my experience, the very best way to raise your skill (and confidence) level is to learn a complete song so that you can perform it all the way through. All the time you are enjoying playing it, you are 'practicing'. Your playing is improving but there doesn't seem to be any 'work' involved!
Playing and singing at the same time isn't doing two separate things! It's doing one thing.
The best way to learn and get good at something is to approach it in bite sized chunks. One song at a time. Using this method you get to be able to perform a complete song whilst you are learning. It's enjoyable straight away and you get results.
In this course you will learn how to play the chords and the melody of Let it Be. And you will learn how to use your voice (singing or humming the song) to bring the two together.
How this course works is:
I teach you the simple chords and the melody (both singing and playing)
I show you what to practice
I break the chords down note by note for beginners (but if you already have some experience you can skip these lectures)
I give you simple excercises/patterns to practice (for both hands)
Before you know it, you will be singing and playing the song.
Chords and Melody. It's simple.
You don't have to be a great singer to put a great song across. You don't have to be great Singer and player to get to the heart of a song, to ‘speak’ the lyric and to touch people with its essence.
It's all about Melody, Rhythm and Love. Oh… and practice!!
Who this course is for:
- Improvers or intermediate piano vocalists. Beginners who would like to learn how to play by ear.
- 03:03'Let it Be' Introduction to the song and a quick demo.
Hi, I'm Rob Bee. I think I must be the most fortunate person in the world! For the last 40 years I have made my living as a pro musician and more recently as an artist too.
As a musician I’ve had no formal training. I’m self taught but through working with guitarists in rock and pop bands, I have developed a deep understanding of chords and melody. For the last 10 years I've also worked solo as a piano vocalist as well. Still playing rock/pop but also crooning some beautiful old jazz songs too these days. In recent years I've travelled all around the world (literally) working on cruise ships and at international resort hotels.
Along the way I have had regularly had the privilege of mentoring and helping many musicians, giving them the opportunity to expand and develop their love of music and their music careers.
Art. Whilst still gigging and running a band to earn my keep, I studied for a degree in fine art at Lancaster university. Since then, I've exhibited locally and my paintings and prints consistently sell.
Music is my first love (there's a song their somewhere!!) and it's now my mission in life to help you, my fellow musician, to enjoy your gift in the fullest and most complete way.
I will teach you how to express yourself through singing and through your instrument in a simple effective way. This, and my other courses, will give you enjoyment and RESULTS.