How to play guitar fingerstyle/fingerpicking techniques
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 23 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- how to use your fingers to play notes and chords/arpeggios on the guitar
- How to pluck the strings with correct right hand finger techniques
- Fingerpicking patterns that can be used in any song
- fingerpicking/fingerstyle techniques that can be personalised to create own patterns
- Some basic/beginner knowledge of open guitar chords and how to play and change between those chords (e.g. Em, G, C)
In this course you will learn skills on how to fingerpick/play the guitar using the fingers of your right (plucking) hand. We will begin with learning how to effectively prepare the fingers on the strings and then go through a number of exercises that will further develop your skills.
There are backing tracks and TAB available for each study/exercise and at the end of this course you should be able to apply these skills to your playing of any song you wish. You can use the skills to create your own finger patterns and chord progressions or figure out songs you like and wish to play.
- beginner and intermediate guitarists who would like to expand their skills on the guitar and learn how to play and create their own fingerpicking patterns
- Guitarists who have always used a pick (plecktrum) and are interested in learning how to fingerpick
In this lecture we go over how to label the right hand (your fingerpicking/plucking hand) and how to prepare and place your fingers on the string. We also go over some of the basic knowledge/skills covered in this course.
In this lecture we learn the first fingerpicking pattern using all four of our right-hand fingers- P,I,M and A.
We then play along with the backing track. 2 versions of the backing track are provided- one with the guitar as a guide and one without. There is also a PDF of the TAB used to play the exercise.