How To Play Chinese Chess (Xiangqi) For Beginners
What you'll learn
- Everything you need to play your first game of Xiangqi
- How to setup the board
- All the pieces, and how they move
- The rules of gameplay
- Basic strategy - including opening moves, development, and tactics
- How to avoid the most common beginner mistakes
- Students will be ready to start learning more advanced Chinese Chess / Xiangqi concepts
- There are no prerequisites or previous knowledge needed for in order to take this course
- This course will teach you Chinese Chess / Xiangqi from scratch
Chinese Chess (Xiangqi) is China's ancient game of strategy.
Played by millions of people, it is one of the world's most popular board games.
Players of regular (Western) chess will find Chinese Chess to be similar enough to feel familiar, while also different enough to be a distinctive playing experience.
Just like regular chess, Chinese Chess is a 2-player strategy board game, and the aim is to trap your opponent's King.
However, with a larger playing board and different playing pieces, Chinese Chess tends to be faster, more dynamic, and more tactical.
Chinese Chess is an amazing game which you can now learn for yourself!
This course is taught by Nathan Rose (Author of "Chess Opening Names") - a native English speaker and international chess enthusiast. The lessons regularly highlight the differences and similarities between Chinese Chess vs. regular chess... but even if you don't know how to play regular chess, this course will teach you Chinese Chess - absolutely no prior knowledge is assumed.
In this course, you will learn:
How to setup the board
All the pieces, and how they move
The rules of gameplay
Basic strategy - including opening moves, development, and tactics
How to avoid the most common beginner mistakes
... and, you can download a "Cheat Sheet" to remind yourself of the most important principles while you play
This course offers everything you need to play your first game of Chinese Chess (Xiangqi).
Ready to get started? Click "Buy Now" and let's begin!
Who this course is for:
- Newcomers to Chinese Chess / Xiangqi
- Chess enthusiasts who want a fascinating new challenge
- Lovers of strategy board games and Asian culture
- Those who want to improve their critical thinking skills
Nathan Rose is a teacher and enthusiast of strategy board games from all over the world. He is the author of the book "Chess Opening Names", and is a player of Xiangqi (Chinese Chess), Shogi (Japanese Chess), Makruk (Thai Chess), and Janggi (Korean Chess) - as well as the international "Western" Chess.