How to Pass the Bar Exam: Performance Test Passport
What you'll learn
- You will learn how to write for the Performance Test portion of the Bar in the way that the examiners want to see your writing.
- You will learn how to attack the Performance Test packet in an efficient, productive way to reduce feeling overwhelmed.
- You will learn how to map out your answer right away via the Task Memo in order to outline your response before you dive into reading the rest of your packet..
- You will learn the writing formula (yes, there is a formula) for the Performance Test.
- You will get a real sample with practice and a full explanation of the practice Performance Test.
- You will learn how to avoid wasting your time in writing about things that carry little to no point value.
- You need to have some law school experience in order to understand basic lingo.
- You need Adobe or an Adobe reader to access the homework and the full sample answer.
If you are frustrated by getting low scores on the Performance Test portion of the Bar exam or on practice essays, this course is for you. I will teach you the step-by-step, no-nonsense formula for attacking the Performance Test. There IS a formula, and you're about to learn it.
This course contains a ton of tips and insights into the most important exam you'll ever take as a legal professional. Sure, you know about IRAC, but there is a formula for passing the Performance Test, and that is why this course is called a passport: it will get you directly where need need to go.
There is also a practice Performance Test (a.k.a. homework) so that you can put your new-found knowledge to the test. I will take you through the homework bit by bit... after you finish it, of course, because that is the best way for you to learn. Finally, I provide a full mark-up of the sample answer so that you can compare it to your own.
The Bar is often an anxiety-producing experience. Most people who fail do so on the written portions of the exam, not the multiple choice (for those states that have the multiple choice). Take control of your Performance Test by learning how to get the most points and how to attack it the "right" way, which boils down to how the Bar examiners want to see your organization and analysis.
Who this course is for:
- This is for anybody in the United States who is taking a Bar exam that has a Performance Test component--whether it's your first time or whether you're a re-taker.
- This is NOT for learning the law (you have Bar prep for that); it's for learning how to convert your knowledge and analysis skills in a way that matters for the Bar examiners.
- This course is for anyone wanting to understand how to write the "right" way for the Bar's Performance Test.
- This course will help Bar candidates who are taking any Bar prep course and getting low scores on their practice essays without understanding why. If you're frustrated by your Bar prep grader giving you a crappy grade and then writing "analysis" or "more analysis" on your exam, this course is for you.
- This course will help reduce the amount of overwhelming or trivial advise that you may be receiving from your current Bar prep course; this course is straight-forward.
I am a practicing attorney who helps Bar candidates learn how to write better in order to pass the Bar exam. I am honored to have received thank-you messages from Bar examinees across the country after learning my tips and passing the Bar. As a side, I also paint and have a love for rescue animals.