HOW TO PAINT FROM BEGINNER TO MASTER
What you'll learn
- A process and structure to creating a painting from start to finish, that’s easy for anyone to manage!
- You’ll know the best supplies mediums and cleaners to buy and how to use them.
- How to mix a 10 value greyscale, shading and how to make a gradient in every value with paint.
- An easy system to drawing anything you want!
- How painting in layers works starting with an underpainting, and you’ll learn how to bring an oil painting to completion. (Including varnishing)
- You’ll learn how to use a new kind of color chart that will make mixing any color imaginable easy, using the least amount of tubes of paint possible, to make sure you never get muddy colors again!
- You’ll Learn the difference between chroma, color and values and how to control them.
- The best way to light and photograph, portrait (or any other subject) for a painting.
- I’ll teach you the perfect combination of colors to getting a beautiful, glowing flesh tone.
- By the end of the class you’ll paint a portrait in full color.
- A basic understanding of drawing and painting would be helpful but not necessary.
- A specific list of the supplies required is available in the “Supply List” video
“How to Paint: From Beginner to Master” Is designed to teach anyone from beginner to moderate skill level, all of the fundamentals of oil painting you’ll ever need- in one, easy to manage course. Watch me demonstrate every lesson, step by step as I go into incredible detail of every aspect of creating a painting from start to finish! Ill show you a process and structure to painting from start to finish, that’s easy for anyone to manage. Once you’ve learned the fundamentals the information in each lesson will get increasingly more intricate as the subjects get more complex. But don’t worry, Ive created animations to help you learn visualization techniques and simplify complex images along the way. From explaining exactly how to mix every color down to the percentage of paint- to what direction to apply brushstrokes while painting a subject. You’ll get a first hand-close up view that you could never get in a classroom! You’ll learn time honored painting techniques combined with contemporary approaches I’ve adapted from my extensive education in fine arts, to my years of work as a professional.
During this 4.5 hour course you'll complete 4 exercises designed to teach you how to handle and manage oil paint easily! As your final project you'll be guided step by step through the process of painting a portrait from start to finish. By the time you've completed this course your training will be so complete that you will be able to use what you learned here to paint any subject your heart desires.
Just a friendly reminder, you will need access to a printer for this course.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who truly wants to learn how to paint.
Joseph Patric Daniels. Born 1976 New York, N.Y.
I’ve made a living as fine artist and illustrator based in NYC for over 20 years, I've exhibited internationally and won awards and grants for painting for institutions like The Society of Illustrators and The Art Directors Club. I studied at the School of Visual Arts, among other institutions, where I learned most of these techniques.
During that time, I worked for artists like Tom Weselmann, (now considered one of the greatest pop artists who ever lived) Marjorie Stryder, and Kevin Barrett, whom I helped fabricate large scale metal sculptures for. Since then, I’ve gone on to show from Galleries in Manhattan like Joseph Nahmad, to international shows like Art Basel.
I write and teach under a under a pseudonym because of a teacher I had back when I was studying in college. He taught at the School Of Visual Arts for decades and throughout that time he had a strict policy of never showing his students his own work. His philosophy, which I have chosen to adopt, was that showing your students your work stifles them creatively and they’ll likely just end up making paintings that look like yours. And let me tell you, he was right. I saw plenty of students coming out of very expensive classrooms producing carbon copies of their teachers work- and that’s the last thing I want to achieve from creating this class. I want to give you the tools to have complete creative freedom to paint, draw and express yourself, without giving up from frustration like so many before us. I want what you learn in my courses to help you to achieve whatever style you desire- and I urge you to find your own!