How To Overcome Depression
What you'll learn
- Define And Understand The Differences Between Mild, Moderate and Major Depression.
- Understand That Depression Lies On A Continuum
- Understand That Depression Is Caused By Interacting Factors That Occurred Together
- Personalize And Use A Variety Of Techniques In Their Depression Recovery Plan
- Know How To Apply A Variety Of Techniques Used to Recover From Major Depression
- No previous knowledge about psychology or depression needed. Anyone interested about psychology and major depression is welcome to join.
Welcome to my course! :)
My name is Kara, and as someone who has experienced an episode of major depression, I am here to share my techniques that I used to recover from this debilitating illness. In order to better understand my illness, I also studied psychology at my local University, so I could share some concepts along with my personal experience in this course.
This course is designed to help students recognize the different degrees of depression, understand a variety of techniques used to recover from depression, and be able to make their own permanent recovery plan from depression if needed.
Students will learn about the differences between mild, moderate and severe depression, and understand that many factors work together to create depression, as depression is rarely created by only one factor. According to the latest scientific research, different factors can interact together to create depression.
Students will also understand that depression is different for everyone, as the severity and type of symptoms are different for everyone. However, there are still many similarities between people in terms of the depressive symptoms they experience, as there is still a criteria used to classify depression. In addition, students will understand that depression lies on a continuum, meaning that the definition of depression is not set in stone.
Students will also understand that there is no one size fits all treatment, meaning that different kinds of strategies such as exercise, medications, stress reduction techniques, cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behaviour therapy and self compassion techniques are used to combat depression. I will be sharing the psychology concepts and experience that I gained over the years. I also make my own worksheets and you are free to complete them and work on them any time you like.
Students will also get better insights into their thoughts and will also understand the impact of factors such as stress, gratitude, rumination, locus of control and attributional style on depression.
Who this course is for:
- People who want to recover from Depression
- Family or Friends who want to help their loved ones by knowing more about Depression
- People who are generally interested in psychology or counselling
I am an University graduate with a Bachelor's degree in Psychology, and I am also an instructor on Udemy.
Personally, I like to learn about a variety of topics, such as mental health, gardening, personal development, languages, animation and so forth.
I also like to write about various topics, which is why I became an instructor on Udemy, so that I can share my knowledge with others around the world! :)