How To Nurture Creativity In Children
What you'll learn
- This program explores how we can utilise creativity to proactively enhance a child's creativity from the early years, schooling and further education.
- The role that parents, educators and mentors play in developing critical thinking skills through reading, encouraging group based creativity and child centered environments.
- The specific role mentors can play to enhance creativity in children.
- The power of play to enhance creativity in children.
- Transitioning chidlren from home to school to develop their creative capacity.
- Includes a reflective activity that explores where to have the most influence to create a creative advantage.
- A desire to learn and understand how to help chidlren become more creative
Creativity is the most important asset we have to negotiate through this rapidly changing world. From the way we manage our work life and conduct business, to how we learn a new skill, model behaviours for our children and shape the way we age to express our unique selves, the creative brain has no limits.
By broadening the applicability of creativity and recognising how it can elevate us both personally and professionally, we can start to realise the enormous reach we can have as parents, leaders, educators and in everyday life. We can establish the foundations of the creative advantage.
As educators and parents, we’re discovering the role creativity plays in development and learning, with educational psychologists identifying that the creative process underpins classroom learning as well as critical informal learning from speaking our first language to engaging in group play.
The program points to the research that supports parenting and education practices that contribute to the development of children’s creativity. The objective of this program is to lay out the science behind the apparent mystery of creativity, to not only appreciate our creative potential but to give us all the motivation and the tools to support the children in our lives to obtain a creative advantage in all aspects of life.
Who this course is for:
- Adults, Parents, Mentors and Teachers of children up to 18 years of age.
As an educator and creative entrepreneur, Maria Simonelli recognises the enormous reach we have as the creative brain has no limits. She builds creative capacity and problem solving skills across non-profits, business, governments and community, that result in real and positive change.
With an intriguing range of creative tools, she draws on years of experience and qualifications in education, science, research and visual arts. She combines these in a unique approach to develop creative skillsets and core competencies, by identifying and creating the conditions that enhance creativity.
Maria is the founder of The Creative Catalyst and author of two books, The Creative Advantage: How the intersection of science and creativity is revealing life’s ultimate advantage, due for release in early 2021 and Sweet Spot Careers: A practical and creative guide to a successful midlife career transition.