Salary Negotiation: Learn the Negotiation Mindset
- This course is relevant for anyone looking for a new job, or going for a raise or promotion
Learn the importance of salary negotiation in this entertaining and informative intro course.
Negotiating your salary when going for a new job or a raise is a critical skill to make sure you get paid what you deserve, yet it is a topic that makes most everyone anxious.
Before you can master salary negotiation tips and tricks, you first have to be in the right mindset.
Using an easy-to-follow storytelling approach -- along with case studies, statistics, and the right amount of humor from Improv-trained actors -- this course will change the way you look at negotiation.
In just 20 minutes you will see:
- Two crucial goals for any negotiation
- Case studies of negotiations gone wrong
- The new reality for a post-recession economy
- What family, friends, and your boss WON'T tell you about negotiation
- Negotiation statistics and facts
- The HR perspective
- The light switch moment of negotiation success
- Bonus content: 5 Negotiation Mindset Tips for Your Job Search
Who this course is for:
This course is a crucial introduction for professionals interviewing for a new job, underpaid workers seeking a raise, new college grads -- anyone that is new to negotiation and is ready to learn more and earn what they deserve.
What are recommended next steps?
After getting in the proper mindset, see the following advanced courses for specific tips, tactics, and case studies:
- Salary Negotiation: How to Negotiate a Raise or Promotion
- Salary Negotiation: How To Negotiate a Job Offer (Student Edition)
- Salary Negotiation: How To Negotiate a Job Offer (Pro Edition)
- Job seekers looking to negotiate an offer
- Employees looking to maximize a raise or promotion
- College graduates entering the workforce
- Anyone frustrated that they are underpaid
- Course Introduction
- Negotiation Gone Horribly Wrong
- Section 1 Quiz
- Two Crucial Negotiation Goals
- A Painful, But Valuable, Lesson
- Section 2 Quiz
- The New Reality
- What You Don’t Know WILL Hurt You
- Section 3 Quiz
- Negotiation Statistics - What The Research Says
- Adopting A Negotiation Mindset
- The Human Resources Perspective
- Your Time To Shine
- The Lightswitch Moment – Negotiation Success
- 5 Negotiation Mindset Tips for Your Job Search
- Section 4 Quiz
- Bonus Lecture: Learn more, earn more
Jim Hopkinson is a salary negotiation expert, career coach, author, speaker, and professional online course creator helping to reimagine education and training for the new economy.
He is the author of Salary Tutor: Learn The Salary Negotiation Secrets No One Ever Taught You (Grand Central Publishing), featured in the Wall Street Journal, Fast Company, and Forbes. He is also co-author of 3 business books, each of which ranked #1 in its category on Amazon.
He has written more than 300 salary negotiation and career articles professionally for Salary dot com, Payscale, Monster, Brazen Careerist, Huffington Post, his own blog, and Success Magazine.
He has helped tens of thousands of ambitious professionals get a raise in their job and negotiate higher pay through online courses, and hundreds more via 1-on-1 consulting.
As Director of Online Courses at Mirasee, Jim writes, creates, and acts in online courses for entrepreneurs and business professionals.
As a speaker, Jim is consistently praised for his dynamic, humorous, and high-energy style, an approach he also displays on camera to bring his courses to life.
A lifelong sports fan and tech geek, prior to Mirasee Jim held dream jobs at ESPN and WIRED. In addition to his love of sports, he is an avid runner and enjoys mentoring young business professionals.