How to Master Google Drive
What you'll learn
- Install Google Drive onto their PC or portable device.
- Collaborate in real-time with other users on the same document.
- Develop the ability to sync all of your documents across all of your devices.
- Always access only the current version of a document or file from whichever device you wish to use.
- Share documents with other people, either within your organisation or beyond.
- Create a Google Account which gives access to the Google Apps suite of products.
- There is no previous knowledge required.
- Only an Internet connection is required as all software is free and accessible via a web browser.
Google Drive has truly transformed how I create documents, store, access and share files and collaborate with colleagues. I would like to give you the opportunity to also dramatically improve how you interact with and manage your files and data. Access your files anywhere, at any time and with any internet connected device.
Share my expertise and over 25 years teaching experience to make you, and potentially your workplace, effectively utilise the cloud-based features integral to Google Drive's ongoing success.
Google Drive is a file storage and synchronisation service created by Google. It allows users to store files in "the cloud", share files, and edit documents, spreadsheets, presentations and the majority of other document formats.
This course is suitable for people from any profession as the skills developed are applicable on both a personal level as well as having tremendous potential in any workplace.
Develop the ability to synchronise files between devices while always having that data also securely saved on the Google Drive servers. Always access the most recent version of a document.
Collaborate in real-time with colleagues on documents.
Share files with other parties setting restrictions and limits as to the access privileges of all groups who can access the file/s.
Remove the need to email documents as attachments, simply allow access to the document online.
This course will positively change how you interact with technology and the information you work with on a daily basis. You will save time, money and reduce your stress levels by working smarter rather than harder
I look forward to assisting you to develop an understanding of, and the ability to efficiently use Google Drive.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to share their files across multiple devices and always access the most up-to-date version of a file will love Google Drive.
- This course is applicable to everyone and will benefit people in any occupation.
- People who wish to work collaboratively and creatively with others.
- People who wish to share their work easily with others.
Hi, I'm Paul and I've been a full time teacher of Information Technology (IT) for 27 years. I am the Head of Digital Technologies at my secondary school and have a Bachelor of Information Technology and a Master of Educational Leadership specialising in IT.
I am a Google Certified Trainer and have completed the Google Certified Education Level 1 & 2 qualifications so you know that my courses are well developed and include all aspects of the software. Additional to my Google qualifications, I am also a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert (MIEE).
I deliver real-world, highly practical courses drawn from my experience of having taught thousands of students over the last 24 years of teaching. I cut through the jargon emphasising the key points and tell you what you need to know as quickly as possible while not missing any critical skills.
I gain great pleasure teaching people how to better utilise technology in their life and work environment. The tools and skills explored in my courses are applicable in any workplace or for those just looking to improve their own IT skills.
I look forward to working with you as you develop into a more confident IT user. Enjoy.