DSLR Video For Beginners
What you'll learn
- Create stunning videos that keep your audience engaged.
- Confidently handle a DSLR / Video camera in manual mode - taking full control of the camera
- Have a great understanding of how light and composition play a huge part in creating beautiful imagery
- Understand how important good audio is to any video production we undertake.
- Learn a number of great strategies to create a business using video
- The students must have access to a DSLR or a Video Camera alternative
Learn the skills that are necessary to create great looking video using a DSLR or any other conventional video capturing device and then be able to use those skills to create a profitable business.
Master the Fundamentals of Videography in Easy to Digest Tutorials
At the end of this course:
- You will have a solid understanding of how the DSLR / Video Camera works and a confidence to be able to use it correctly in any given situation.
- You will have a much greater understanding of composition and how we can increase production value by applying a few simple rules.
- You will have improved your perception of what is good & bad audio and will start to see light in a completely different way.
- You will be in possession of a number of different strategies and ideas to be able to create a profitable business.
Video is everywhere we look today - skilled video creators are already in great demand and the trend is showing no signs of slowing down. Get in front of the trend!
The skills you develop throughout this course will give you some very powerful tools at your disposal to take into any arena. There has always been a need for good quality video production and even more now with the rise of You Tube and social media.
The opportunity to create your own video based business or to offer freelancing services has never been greater. Having a fundamental understanding of videography will be a priceless commodity in todays marketplace.
Content and Overview
This course is suitable for beginners and hobbyist's with a passion for video also intermediate videographers or photographers looking to expand their portfolios.
The course consists of over 29 lectures and approximately 2 hours of content broken down into easily to consume videos, checklists and quizzes.
I have broken the course into four ( 4 ) modules which build on top of each other and give a strong foundation in how to use a DSLR / Video correctly.
Starting with the Camera Basics we cover how to set up a DSLR / Video camera so we are ready to film, taking into account Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO and Frame Rates. We then move into the camera settings which include Picture Styles, White Balance and the types of lens we can choose to use. Focus is also covered in depth in this section
With the basics covered in detail we move onto the topic of Composition and drill down into what makes an average looking shot into a great looking shot. The main topics we cover in this section are:
Shot Selection ( Framing ), Angle of shot, Rule of Thirds, Depth of Field, 180 Degree Rule.
Once a shot is composed correctly we need to keep interest so teaching how to use B Roll and cutaways allied to how we sequence the footage is a must.
The next module teaches the fundamentals of Audio and Lighting giving the student full access to why these components of any video are crucial.
Finally, an overview of how the skills that have been acquired throughout the previous modules can be put to practical use almost immediately.
Students who complete this course will emerge with a solid grasp of Videography but will also be armed with a strategy on how to take these skills forward into the marketplace to create a profitable business.
Who this course is for:
- This course will help beginners and intermediate video makers improve their skills
- Photographers who wish to expand their knowledge and expertise into video production.
- Students who have a keen interest in video production
- Keen enthusiasts who wish to enhance their knowledge and make their own productions stand out
- Anyone seeking an opportunity to build a business using video as a service
- The course is NOT for professional videographer / video production experts
I am Mark Beniston a Professional Videographer based in the North of England in the United Kingdom. A real passion for all things film related led me to set up my first video production company in 1998. For over 20 years I have aimed my video camera and more recently DSLR at everything you could imagine - well almost!
A brief summary of the many projects I have undertaken are listed below
A veteran of over 450 weddings to date (filmed and edited). I am also extremely proud to mention that I still have contact with many of the bride and grooms and they regularly recommend my work to others.
It is also worth pointing out that many " Video Experts " say that filming a live event is tough but filming a wedding live event is by far one of the most difficult and pressurised assignments you can undertake.
Corporate / Commercial Video Production
Hundreds of Corporate / Commercial projects which include:-
- Health & Safety
- Education Services
- Local Government
Regularly travel throughout Europe to film weddings and corporate events.
It is also worth mentioning that I have edited ALL the projects above and MORE over the past 17 years, which keeps me up to date with the latest and greatest softwares and advanced techniques.
As stated above my real passion is for film and film making and I want to help inspire others with the same passion, drive and ambition to make better video productions and ultimately a sustainable and profitable business.