How to MASTER Definite | Indefinite Articles!
What you'll learn
- English Grammar: Master the use of English articles a | an | the
- Learn 2 guidelines and 3 general rules when using definite | indefinite articles
- Use the Correct | Incorrect sentence example method to apply the guidelines and rules
- Use the Multiple Choice sentence example method to use the rules you have learned
- Take a final test in 4 parts, and review all illustrations and sentence examples from the course
- English intermediate level
- Understand simple and complex English sentence structure
One of the greatest challenges facing English students is the article system. It appears so confusing! When do you use 'a', 'an' or 'the'? When should they NOT be used?
This course cuts away the confusion and leaves you speaking English with REAL confidence as you improve your fluency through the correct use of 'a', 'an' and 'the'.
You will learn a couple of guidelines, and 3 basic rules which simplify this complex subject.
Once you know the rules, you will examine numerous illustrated sentence examples with explanatory notes, so you get a clear understanding of why the articles are used or not used in that instance.
After considering the examples, it's time to put your newfound knowledge to the test. Practice modules using 'Correct or Incorrect' and 'Multiple-Choice' methods will help you to become comfortable and relaxed with the English article system.
A suggested 7-day plan is available, or if you want to work at your own pace, you can do that to.
If you are unsure about using articles when speaking or writing English, you NEED this course!
How To MASTER Definite | Indefinite Articles!
Who this course is for:
- Intermediate English students who want to increase their fluency
- Advanced students who need a deeper understanding of the English article system
I was born in Plymouth, in the south west of England and later lived in London for many years. As a native English-speaker, I have been involved with teaching for over 40 years. English was my favorite subject at school and the one in which I achieved the highest results.
Some years ago I attended a training seminar in Toronto, Canada, where I studied accelerated learning methods for teaching English.
Shortly after that, I started an online tuition service through Skype. I have taught hundreds of students individually from all over the world, helping many to reach their goal of qualifying for a university, or emigrating to another country.
A large majority have been professionals or business people who need English to expand their career or who would like to work for an international company.
My credentials are as follows:
Advanced Certificate in T.E.S.O.L. from the Canadian Institute of English to teach advanced learning.
Bachelor of Education Degree specializing in teaching English to speakers of other languages.
Band 9 in IELTS (I took this exam to gain a better understanding of how to help students who are preparing for IELTS).
My personal library reflects a lifelong interest in the English language with numerous books on vocabulary, word structure, and etymology.