How to map out your spiritual journey and thrive!
What you'll learn
- Understand where you first learned about spiritual and religious topics.
- Review the differences between religion and spirituality and look at the US and global trends.
- Learn that we apply different types of "knowing" to everything in our lives and how we typically handle conflicting beliefs.
- Complete a list of questions that will serve as a map showing "You are here" and help you make plans for the next steps on your journey.
- All that is needed is a desire to learn more about topics related to spiritual growth, an open heart, and mind.
In this course, we will review fundamental components of a spiritual journey so you can understand where you are and where you want to go. By thrive, I mean not just to survive in your life, but to grow into whatever you would like to do, be, or have. In other words, I would like this course to be for you like finding a map in a town you are visiting that shows “you are here” so you can decide where you want to go.
The topics covered in this course are: We develop our spiritual perceptions; Religion and spirituality are two different concepts; there are many spiritual paths; how do we decide what is true? and Resolving conflicting beliefs.
To help make this a meaningful learning experience, included are quizzes resources and concludes with a list of questions that will serve as your map indicating where you are and where you want to go.
The content is based on my journey through organized religion, two masters degrees, and a Ph.D. in psychology to better understand and experience the spiritual connection I longed to have.
In addition, I have been teaching psychology courses for over 20 years on a variety of topics. and have captured my journey in two books in the Angel in Training series: A Spiritual Journey, and 12 Lessons.
Who this course is for:
- This course reviews key components of spirituality so you can better understand where you are and where you want to go. The content is based on my journey through organized religion and psychology to experience the spiritual connections I longed for. The course offers resources and a final roadmap and resources to help you on your journey, wherever it takes you!
Dr. Guerin is a psychologist with two master's degrees and a doctorate in human development. In addition, he has been an adjunct professor in psychology for over 20 years. His personal experience has followed the global trend called “the rise of the nones.” These are people who view themselves as spiritual but do not identify with any organized religion. He experienced this transition after decades pursuing a deeper spiritual life through a tumultuous relationship with organized religion. The result was the development of 12 Lessons that took him beyond religion to spiritual freedom. Dr. Guerin’s conclusions are that we are angels; eternal, connected, and capable beyond belief.