How to manage effective meetings
What you'll learn
- Introducing the concept of effective meetings
- Meeting preparation
- The purpose of the meeting
- How to create a meeting agenda?
- Who are the meeting participants?
- How important is the meeting invitation?
- Prior to the meeting
- Is the meeting necessary?
- Meeting checklist
- Meeting preparation as a starting point
- The meeting. First steps
- Implementing the agenda
- At the end of the meeting
- What comes after the meeting
- How to do a follow up
- Evaluating the meeting
- Creating the follow-up checklist
- Types of meetings
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Online meetings
- How can a meeting fail
- Fixing meetings on the go
- Must use a PC, Mac or Mobile Device
- No prior knowledge of conducting meetings
Hello and welcome to our course!
In this course, we will dive deep into the art of holding effective meetings that drive results and contribute to your professional success. Whether you are a team leader, manager, or an aspiring professional looking to enhance your skills, this course will equip you with the knowledge and techniques to transform your meetings from unprofessional to meaningful.
What you will learn:
1. Understand the importance of effective meetings: gain understanding of why effective meetings are crucial for team collaboration, engagement, and productivity. They will explore the benefits of well-structured and purposeful meetings.
2. Learn strategies for conducting effective meetings: acquire practical skills and techniques for planning, facilitating, and managing meetings. Learn how to set clear objectives, create an agenda, engage participants, and ensure productive outcomes.
3. Enhance communication and collaboration within meetings: you will learn strategies to foster open communication, active listening, and inclusive participation during meetings. You will learn techniques for encouraging idea sharing, constructive feedback, and collaborative decision-making.
4. Develop leadership skills: you will understand the role of leadership in conducting effective meetings. Learn how to establish a positive meeting culture, lead discussions, manage time effectively, and handle conflicts or challenges that may arise during meetings.
Here are some risks associated with not holding effective meetings:
Failing to hold effective meetings can have negative implications for an individual's career growth and professional reputation.
1. Perceived as unproductive: If individuals consistently lead or participate in unproductive meetings, they may be perceived as inefficient, disorganized, or lacking leadership skills. This can create a negative perception among colleagues, superiors, and subordinates, potentially impacting their professional reputation.
2. Missed opportunities for showcasing leadership: Effective meeting management provides an opportunity for individuals to showcase their leadership skills. By running well-structured and productive meetings, individuals can demonstrate their ability to lead discussions, facilitate collaboration, and drive decision-making. Failing to do so can hinder their chances of being recognized as capable leaders.
3. Hindered communication and collaboration: Meetings play a crucial role in fostering communication and collaboration within teams. If individuals fail to hold effective meetings, it can hinder effective information sharing, collaboration, and teamwork. This can lead to missed opportunities for building strong relationships, gaining support from colleagues, and achieving collective goals.
4. Lack of influence and impact: Effective meetings allow individuals to share their ideas, perspectives, and expertise, thereby influencing decisions and outcomes. If someone consistently fails to hold effective meetings, they may miss opportunities to contribute meaningfully, share insights, and exert influence within their team or organization. This can limit their overall impact and influence on important matters.
5. Reduced professional growth and development: Well-managed meetings can be a platform for professional growth and development. By not holding effective meetings, individuals may miss out on these opportunities for growth and development.
6. Damaged relationships and decreased trust: Ineffective meetings can lead to frustration, disengagement, and strained relationships among team members. This can hinder collaboration, cooperation, and future opportunities for teamwork.
7. Missed chances for showcasing expertise: This can hinder people professional visibility and limit opportunities for recognition and advancement.
Effective meetings leave you energized and feeling that you've really accomplished something. They are not difficult to achieve, but they do require certain skills and a structure.
Effective team meetings will help your team deliver quality work much faster, but also will strengthen and bond the team together. And it will also help you showcase your leadership skills.
By the end of this course, you will have the skills and confidence to transform your meetings into productive and engaging experiences that drive results. You will not only save time and energy but also enhance your professional reputation as a capable leader and facilitator.
Let us help you take the best out of you and improve your meetings!
We look forward to see you in our class!
Please take into consideration that at the end of the course you will received only an Udemy certificate!
Who this course is for:
- Newley promoted leaders
- People with an interest in how manage work - related meetings
Alina Sletten is a Norwegian certified clinical and organizational Psychologist, business consultant and have over 18 years of project management experience in various industries such as technology and international trade.
After she obtained first class Psychology bachelor degree and two Master degrees in:
1. Cognitive Behavior Therapy & hypnosis and
2. Project Management,
she has worked as a clinical psychologist and later as a business consultant for a wide range of international industries.
In 2012 she has been recruited by Manpower Norway for Global Future Talent program of highly educated men and women with a multicultural background to key positions such as management and directorships. As an entrepreneur she has established various companies in different countries and has been founding member and Board member in the Norwegian Romanian Chamber of Commerce in Oslo Norway.
She took multiple certifications in clinical psychology and business applied methodologies such as: PRINCE 2, LEAN, AGILE Scrum Master, Design Thinking having as focus to help as many people and organizations as possible by sharing her knowledge and expertise.
All her courses are based on a multitude of scientific proven methodologies.
Expertise in Clinical psychology: Cognitive behavioral therapy and hypnosis treatment for groups and individuals with: Depression, Anxiety, Panic Disorder, Eating Disorders, Addiction and Abuse, PTSD, Trauma. (Existential problems, Difficult feelings, Life changes, Relationships, Identity Crisis, Poor Self-Esteem, Family Life, Couples Therapy, Divorce / separation, sorrow, communication problems). Personal development, Career counselling.
Expertise in Organizational Psychology: crisis management, psychosocial and organizational work environment (time pressure, workload, work distribution mapping, employee surveys, work process mapping and analyze), change management, restructuring, recruitment head hunting / staffing, downsizing, reorganization, etc.
Expertise as a business consultant: Project management, company establish consultancy, human resources management, change management, organisation development.
Having a multicultural background, Alina can understand different cultures. She speaks Norwegian, English, Romanian, Italian and French and love to communicate with people in any of these languages.
Alina Sletten is dedicated to help people grow personally and professionally and overcome any obstacles towards achieving their goals and dreams.
Enjoy your learning journey with us!