How to Make Soy Wax Candles
What you'll learn
- Info about soy wax, its features and properties
- Learn to recognize the different types of soy waxes and how to choose the most suitable one
- Learn more about wicks. How they differ from one another, and their role in the candle burning process
- How to choose the right container and the role of additives, such as fragrances, colorants, stearic acid and much more.
- How to calculate the amount of soy wax, fragrances and dyes depending on the container chosen
- Step by step tutorial of making two candles with two different types of containers and wicks
- How to fix cracked candles
- No previous candle making experience is necessary
- Use of a microwave or bain-marie is required
Creating candles is a fascinating hobby. Creating magnificent candles that will decorate our home with the fragrances we adore most is certainly rewarding. But how to choose the right ingredients, and in what quantity to use them to avoid leftovers? This course is designated to provide you the answers you need to start making your candles using soy wax.
This course contains the information you need to help you make your candles with soy wax easily at home. Module by module, you'll be given the right basics to help you choose each and every component of your next candle with full awareness. Entire modules dedicated to the different types of waxes, wicks, containers, and additives are provided to give you the right overview of the technique and to know the features and details of each component.
This course also includes some chemical and mathematical aspects that affect the process of candle making. From the mechanism that allows candles to burn, to the mathematical calculation of the amount of each ingredient. This will avoid any kind of leftovers and waste of raw materials such as wax and fragrances.
In addition, a step-by-step tutorial will show the steps and crucial points of the entire process of making two soy candles in containers. Finally, an entire module dedicated to how to fix a classic problem that can occur in soy wax candles.
At the end of this course, you'll acquire the basics of this technique by knowing the role of each component and how to choose them according to your preferences.
Making candles is a great hobby, so get started today.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who loves DIY
- Anyone new to candle making
- Anyone interested in making candles for him or herself or to give as gifts to friends or relatives
- Anyone interested in DIY candle making as simply a hobby
Hi, I'm Gabi. I'm a doctor in chemistry and content creator. Thanks to my scientific knowledge I became passionate about self-producing of homemade products. Since five years, I started to make my own soaps, skincare products, candles and much more. I used my knowledge of chemistry to go deeper into every subject and I discovered how fun and rewarding this hobby is. I decided to share what I learned with simple courses that explain what is behind the use of each ingredient and procedure used.