Self Publishing Made Easy: Amazon Kindle, CreateSpace & Lulu
- 6.5 hours on-demand video
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- In this course you will learn how to write a book or ebook, how to find a niche topic to write about, how to create your own professional looking book or ebook cover, how to create book titles that get more sales, and how to market your book to boost sales and exposure, and how to make money off of the back of your books
- By the end of the course, you will be able to write your own books and ebooks and know how to publish them using Lulu Publishing and Amazon CreateSpace's 'Print On Demand' services, and Amazon's 'Kindle Direct Publishing' service. Hopefully you will also have written and published a book or ebook which will be for sale to the public.
- Access to the internet and web browsers you can open if you are wanting to follow along in 'real-time' to what the course is covering (watching the course on a mobile device or small tablet may be difficult to switch from the course to websites or documents and back to the course)
- Microsoft Office Word 2010, Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2010 (Other programmes may be able to do the same processes as I will be demonstrating, including older and newer versions of Microsoft Office, but I am demonstrating on Microsoft Office 2010)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 (Word and PowerPoint)
- Ideally you will have a PayPal account which will allow you to quickly and easily receive payments from sales made through Lulu.com
Take a few moments to think about what life would be like when you escape the rat race. What will you be doing? How will you be spending your time? What have you always dreamt of doing if only you had the time and financial freedom to do it?
This course is created by Dan Jones who has sold over 100,000 self-published books and had many number 1 Amazon bestsellers. He has written about autism, hypnosis, self-help and fiction and in this course he walks you through the process from unpublished author to published author and beyond.
This course teaches you how to write and publish books and ebooks. You will learn about Lulu Publishing's 'Print On Demand' service, Amazon's CreateSpace 'Print On Demand' service, and Amazon's 'Kindle Direct Publishing' service, so that you can generate an income that continues to get paid into your bank account or PayPal account long after you finished working on the books and ebooks that are continuing to work for you. You will get paid whether you are on a holiday, sleeping, enjoying your free time, or whatever else you choose to be doing.
You will learn:
- How to create your own professional looking book covers
- How to create book titles that get more sales
- How to find niche topics to write about to increase sales
- How to price your books and ebooks
- How to market your book to boost sales and exposure
- How to make money off of the back of your books
This course is made up of a series of video lectures which guide you through various stages of publishing. The course can be watched through in about 6 hours, but to do the course properly should take longer. To get the most from this course it is recommended that you write a book as you go through the various lectures, even if it is a short ebook. You can then use this book to follow along to the various stages you are guided through, so you can use the 'deciding what the write' stage to develop an idea for a book, and then the writing stages to write the book, and then follow the publishing stages to publish the book, and then at the end of the course you will have published a book or ebook and will hopefully be on track to begin to earn income straight from the end of the course.
The course is structured into a logical sequence, taking you from developing the initial ideas for what to write about, through content creation, to developing your print book and ebook and then marketing the book and making money off of the back of your book.
Why Take This Course?
So why should you take this course, compared to other courses available? With this course I share with you my process of coming up with ideas for books, through to publishing the books and making money from the books. I teach you exactly what you need to know, and teach you each stage. I don't say things like 'then create a cover' and expect you to figure out how you would create a cover, I tell you how you can create a cover. I take you through all of the stages showing you exactly what to do.
I share everything all in one place, I don't try to make money out of you by telling you to take my writing course about writing your manuscript, or take my cover creation course to create your cover. I teach it all here. You get everything you need and can apply it all straight away and be on the road to making money from self-publishing by the end of the course. You will only need to take this one course to know how to generate a passive income, to know how to give yourself more time to do what you would rather be spending your life doing, and to be making money whether you are working hard in front of a computer, lying back on a warm tropical beach, or trekking up a mountain. The money you make will be coming in whatever you are doing, and wherever you are in the World.
Imagine being able to live anywhere. With a residual, or passive income if you want to move, you don't have to worry about finding a new job, or taking time off work to move, you have income coming in the whole time. If you decide to spend six months living on a beach relaxing, you don't have to worry about needing to be earning money, with passive income work you have already done will be still paying you each month into your bank account or PayPal account, and that money will be waiting for you when you need it.
When you complete this course and publish your book or ebook I look forward to seeing the book or ebook you have created mentioned in your review of this course so that others can see what can be created, and I also enjoy checking out what people are writing and what books and ebooks I can recommend to others.
- This course is suitable for anyone from complete beginners to self-publishing, through to those with some experience
- It is helpful for students to be computer literate both with Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint and navigating the internet
- This course is ideal for those with something to share
- Also ideal for authors and writers of all kinds that want to give self-publishing a go
- This course is good for Life-Coaches, Therapists, Professionals, Business Professionals and other Experts that would love to make income from getting their knowledge into a book or ebook
- This course would benefit those that need extra income and perhaps have been out of work and want to try self-publishing
- This course is for anyone that has a story or stories inside them that they want to get out in to the World in book or ebook form
- Anyone that wants to achieve financial freedom or have more time to do more of what they would like with their life
Lecture introducing the course, what you will learn, why you should take this course, and some background about me
Lecture introducing you to the course and what we will be covering
In this video I give an overview of the main different self publishing options. On this course we focus on Kindle Direct Publishing, CreateSpace, and on Lulu Publishing. There are also companies which will do everything for you if you are willing to pay.
This lecture gives a whistle-stop overview of the different tabs and options on the various sites, through this course I take you fully through the process of using CreateSpace, Lulu Publishing, and Kindle Direct Publishing.
Lecture guiding you through the process of analysing your niche key words and phrases, and how some of these can be used as effective book titles that can increase the chances of your book or ebook coming up in relevant searches in search engines and on bookseller websites (there are additional resources in this lecture relating to Google Adwords changes)
The information in this lecture is also relevant for fiction authors, but the next lecture will go into more detail for fiction authors.
This lecture shares how to use Amazon bestseller lists as a way of doing research to find out what books are popular in given categories and how crowded the category is.
In this lecture you will learn about using the bestseller lists to analyse what prices the bestselling books are, which gives you an idea of what people are willing to pay for the books, and how long the books are, which gives you an idea of what length book is expected for that price as a bestseller.
In this lecture you will learn about checking book reviews to find what people like about the different books and what they don't like. This will help you to be able to consider whether to take on board these pros and cons to ensure your book is more likely to be liked by the readers searching for that type of book.
In this lecture you will learn about using Amazon bestsellers in the categories you are hoping to write in to come up with ideas about your book description. You can use the pros and cons you have listed to be able to integrate these into your book description so that when people visit your book's page they can see in the description how your book meets what they are likely to be looking for, and doesn't have some of the problems found in books by other authors.
This information shares some of the reasons I changed from being with Lulu, to now publishing all my paperback books with CreateSpace. I address withholding tax, payment differences, expanded distribution - Lulu has broader distribution Worldwide, but you can submit your book yourself to Nielson's to get your book into sales channels so that people can order it into shops in the UK.
In this lecture you will learn about Bookbub. It is a great way for authors to get their ebooks out to a large audience, and many authors find they have good success with it often generating hundreds to thousands of sales in a single day (depending on category). Bookbub don't accept every book submitted and the fees are high, but most authors cover the cost of the fees although there is never a guarantee. This is just something else to consider when planning marketing and promotion. It is important to know what you would be hoping to gain from your investment, whether it is reviews, exposure, sales, etc.