How to Make Out of This World Ice Cream at Home
What you'll learn
- Make high-quality homemade ice cream
- Learn the purpose behind each ingredient in your ice cream
- Make a simple sweet cream base
- Turn that sweet cream base into four other delicious flavors
- Use a variety of homemade mixins including chunks, swirls, and flecks to take your ice cream to the next level
- Get a glimpse of different resources for making great homemade ice cream
- The necessary equipment (ice cream maker of any kind, hand mixer/blender, thermometer of some kind, stove/hot plate, sauce pan, quart-sized ice cream container or plastic container, freezer).
- The ingredients for the recipes you want to make.
- No cooking experience needed. These recipes are simple and easy to put together.
- Have a passion for ice cream!
Have you ever had ice cream that just really knocked your socks off? Creamy, smooth, rich but not too rich—the kind of ice cream you just can't stop thinking about? We've been there. Truly amazing ice cream is like nothing else, but it can be hard to find. And when you do find it, it can definitely be pricey.
What if we told you that you can make amazing, knock-your-socks-off ice cream right at home?
In this course, amateur ice cream makers and enthusiasts Alex and Sarah walk you step-by-step through the process of making a simple sweet cream ice cream. Once you've learned the basics, we'll teach you how to adapt that recipe to make a variety of outstanding flavors. You'll learn techniques for making your homemade ice cream pop with flavor and texture.
These skills are simple enough for a beginner to master, but don't be fooled—the ice cream you'll make is anything but ordinary.
We'll also explore our favorite resources (and a printable cookbook we've prepared just for you) and discuss how to use them to gain the confidence you need to make any ice cream you could imagine! If ice cream is your love language, this is the course for you!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who loves ice cream!
Ice cream has always been a part of my life. In every major life event, ice cream has been there to help celebrate victories or drown out the sorrows. Over the last several years, my husband and I have been making tons of unique flavors and have shared hundreds of pints of homemade ice cream with friends and neighbors. I love learning and perfecting our craft and am excited to share my knowledge and experience.
There's nothing in this world quite like ice cream. When my wife Sarah and I got married, I only asked for one thing: that there always be ice cream in the freezer. Not only have we always lived up to that, we've also become amateur ice cream chefs and spend much of our free time planning new flavors, creating delicious combinations, and sharing our love of ice cream with anyone who will listen.