How to Make an Animated Movie
- A basic knowledge of filmmaking and animation lingo.
In this step by step course I will cover all the steps it takes to make an animated short.
I will go over the process of coming up with a story idea, writing the script in the correct format, creating a storyboard and making an animatic out of it, creating a previz, modeling, rigging, lighting, rendering and even how to animate (I animate an entire shot in one of the videos). I also show my editing process and how I do color correction, compositing and even sound design for the final product.
This course is made out of video tutorials, each covering an individual step of the making process.
- Animators (or aspiring animators) filmmakers and creative people who wants to make an animated short (or in the process of making one).
- How to Make an Animated Movie (a general roundup)
- Coming Up With Story Ideas
- Writing a Script
- Creating an Animatic
- Modeling and Rigging (part 1)
- Modeling and Rigging (part 2)
- 3D Animation Pipeline
- Making a Previsualization (Previz)
- Camera Shots and Angles
- Lighting and Rendering (part 1)
- Lighting and Rendering (part 2)
- Editing and Color Correction
- Sound Design
- Finishing the Film
I'm Morr, a NYC based animator/filmmaker. After graduating from the School of Visual Arts (majoring in 3D animation), I started my career as a character animator, freelancing in various studios around town.
Despite loving what I do, I felt like it's not enough to work for other people, and that I HAVE to keep doing my own thing. What started as a YouTube tutorial channel has quickly evolved into the Bloop Animation blog, a platform on which I can share my work with a great audience of animators and creative artists.
On the site, I documented my journey of making LIFT UP (my second animated short) and shared many video tutorials about every step of the making process.
I truly hope that sharing my journey will inspire people to follow their passion. Thanks for visiting and see you around!