How to Make a Video Blog Website From Scratch w/ Wordpress
- Any computer with internet access
- You'll need the WordPress software, but don't worry, it's free and we'll show you how to install it in the course!
- No coding or prior experience required
If you want to create a video blog to promote your existing videos, or if you’d like to start vlogging and build an audience, this is the course for you.
We’ll build an actual video blog website step by step, from start to finish. You’ll learn how to get your website live on the internet and how to customize it with WordPress. No experience and no coding is required.
- The website we’ll build will have the following features:
- Parallax header with custom image, site title, and tagline
- Pinterest style, grid layout
- Embedded YouTube videos
- Social share buttons
- Comment forms
- Custom footer
- Beautiful hover animations
- Customizable colors with unlimited options
- ‘Follow Us’ widget with icons and links to profiles for Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Instagram, Dribble, Vimeo, Linkedin, Youtube, Flickr, Pinterest, Tumblr, Foursquare, Behance
- Custom favicon (site icon)
- Custom domain name
- Unlimited bandwidth web hosting
- Responsive web design, so it will look good on any screen size, tablet, or mobile phone
- Custom Navigation bar
- Page/post featured images
- Categorized posts
- Blog sidebar widgets with search bar, recent posts, and categories
Don’t have a programming background? No worries, we’ll start from scratch. You’ll learn how to register a domain name, set up web hosting, and install WordPress (in other words, everything you need to get your site live on the internet). Then we’ll start customizing the site with WordPress. You’ll be able to quickly and easily add content and customize the design. All without writing code.
We’ll be using the Alizee WordPress theme, which is well designed, easy to use, and completely free. This theme is also very flexible, so it can be used for just about any type of blog or portfolio website.
We’ve cut out the fluff so that you can get your website online as quickly as possible and grow your audience. Now go get started!
- Anyone looking to have their own custom website for their videos and tuturials
- Anyone who wants to get started vlogging
- Anyone who wants to learn how to create a blog or website from scratch
- Anyone who wants to learn the basics of WordPress
- Anyone looking to get started in web development
- Course Intro
- Intro to WordPress
- Getting Started Intro
- What is a Domain Name?
- How to Register a Domain Name
- What is Web Hosting?
- How to Get the Cheapest Web Hosting
- How to Connect your Domain and Web Host
- How to Install WordPress
- How to Change HostGator and WordPress Passwords
- Installing the Alizee Theme
- Creating a Post
- Customizing the Theme
- Customizing the Header and Colors
- Social Profiles Widget
- Share Buttons Plugin
- Navigation Bar Menu
- Additional Learning Resources
- Additional Resources Discounts
Here is what some of my students are saying:
“This course was extremely helpful for me. I went from having no experience whatsoever to having my own website in 2 days. It's invaluable for anyone who's thinking of setting up a WordPress website and doesn't have any prior knowledge. The production is great - engaging and informative. I love the way that each bite-sized video automatically loads the next one. Each video is just a few minutes long - so it's not overwhelming. And you even get to know how far along you are in the course as you advance through the lessons. Asking questions is easy through the discussions option - I've asked several 'silly' questions and had them answered quickly and helpfully. You rock Hoku - thank you”
“Very good course on the subject. And what's even better is the support from Hoku. When presenting your 'problem', he answers prompt the solution. This is how all courses should be. Chapeau”
“If you've ever wanted to know how to put up a professional looking website in record time without hiring anyone, this is the course. I'm experienced in setting up WordPress sites, but this course has introduced me to information and techniques that I did not know. Wonderful!”
“I enjoyed this course and learned a lot from it. Hoku was great, answered questions quickly and was very responsive. I recommend this course for anyone wanting to get started with WordPress.”
“The course is very easy to follow, and Hoku is extremely helpful and active. I never find myself growing impatient while going through the lectures as I do with some other courses because Hoku gets right to the point while still making sure not to move too fast which is great for beginners. I definitely recommend this course.”
-Justin Del Toro
“I've really enjoyed taking this course, it's very comprehensive and covers a range of different websites that can be created in WordPress. The tutor is clear and easy to follow with the steps to take easily followed and the video and audio quality of the course is great.”
“Your courses are like one-stop solution to struggling unemployed people to make cool self-intro websites with awesome plugins within minutes. I love your tuts and hope to do more. Cheers.”
“Before I took this course I knew nothing about building a website or Wordpress. This course exceeded my expectations. Hoku explained things very clearly, and he spoke slowly so I could take notes. He's very good at explaining the technical parts and his thought process. I highly recommend this course!”