How to Make a Single Page Website for Freelancers & Agencies
- Any computer with internet access
- You'll need the WordPress software, but don't worry, it's free and we'll show you how to install it in the course!
- No coding or prior experience required
If you want to create a beautiful website to find more clients for your agency or freelance business, this is the course for you.
We’ll build an actual single page, portfolio website together, step by step, from start to finish.
You’ll learn how to get your website live on the internet and how to customize it with WordPress. No experience and no coding is required.
The website we’ll build will have the following features:
- Call-to-action header with beautiful image, text, and button
- Simple contact form
- Display email, phone, and dress contact info
- ‘What We Do’ section
- ‘Our Skills’ section
- ‘Recent Works’ section with image, logo, and link to project
- Page for portfolio item with image gallery
- Video blog posts
- Blog sidebar widgets with contact info, recent posts, and search bar
- Embedded YouTube videos
- Page/post featured image
- Testimonials section with photo, name, and quote
- Custom footer
- Parallax scrolling
- Single page, freelance/agency theme
- ‘About Me’ widget
- ‘Follow Us’ widget with icons and links to profiles for Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Google Plus, Dribbble, Tumblr, Instagram
- Custom favicon (site icon)
- Custom domain name
- Unlimited bandwidth web hosting
- Responsive web design, so it will look good on any screen size or mobile phone
- Custom Navigation bar
- Anchor links that jump to specific areas of the page
Don’t have a programming background? No worries, we’ll start from scratch. You’ll learn how to register a domain name, set up web hosting, and install WordPress (in other words, everything you need to get your site live on the internet).
Then we’ll start customizing the site with WordPress. You’ll be able to quickly and easily add content and customize the design. All without writing code. We’ll be using the Pixova WordPress theme, which is well designed, easy to use, and completely free.
We’ve cut out the fluff so that you can get your website online as quickly as possible and start attracting new clients. Now go get started!
Who this course is for:
- Freelancers, agencies, or service businesses looking for a new website to attract clients and provide info about their services
- Anyone who wants to create a website from scratch
- Anyone who wants to learn the basics of WordPress
- Anyone looking to get started in web development
Here is what some of my students are saying:
“This course was extremely helpful for me. I went from having no experience whatsoever to having my own website in 2 days. It's invaluable for anyone who's thinking of setting up a WordPress website and doesn't have any prior knowledge. The production is great - engaging and informative. I love the way that each bite-sized video automatically loads the next one. Each video is just a few minutes long - so it's not overwhelming. And you even get to know how far along you are in the course as you advance through the lessons. Asking questions is easy through the discussions option - I've asked several 'silly' questions and had them answered quickly and helpfully. You rock Hoku - thank you”
“Very good course on the subject. And what's even better is the support from Hoku. When presenting your 'problem', he answers prompt the solution. This is how all courses should be. Chapeau”
“If you've ever wanted to know how to put up a professional looking website in record time without hiring anyone, this is the course. I'm experienced in setting up WordPress sites, but this course has introduced me to information and techniques that I did not know. Wonderful!”
“I enjoyed this course and learned a lot from it. Hoku was great, answered questions quickly and was very responsive. I recommend this course for anyone wanting to get started with WordPress.”
“The course is very easy to follow, and Hoku is extremely helpful and active. I never find myself growing impatient while going through the lectures as I do with some other courses because Hoku gets right to the point while still making sure not to move too fast which is great for beginners. I definitely recommend this course.”
-Justin Del Toro
“I've really enjoyed taking this course, it's very comprehensive and covers a range of different websites that can be created in WordPress. The tutor is clear and easy to follow with the steps to take easily followed and the video and audio quality of the course is great.”
“Your courses are like one-stop solution to struggling unemployed people to make cool self-intro websites with awesome plugins within minutes. I love your tuts and hope to do more. Cheers.”
“Before I took this course I knew nothing about building a website or Wordpress. This course exceeded my expectations. Hoku explained things very clearly, and he spoke slowly so I could take notes. He's very good at explaining the technical parts and his thought process. I highly recommend this course!”