How to Make a Freaking Android App
What you'll learn
- Create fully functioning Android Apps
- Write basic Java code
- Have fun programming!
- You will need a Windows or Mac computer. Either works.
- No programming experience required for this course. Welcome n00bs!
Join Udemy's most fun class and learn how to make your own freaking Android apps! No prior programming experience necessary.
We run through every single step from installing Android Studio (the program we use to make apps) down to making apps 3 complete apps. And we'll never talk over your head. We've experienced the harsh reality of complicated and wordy tutorials and online classes. This class is what we wish we'd had when we were first learning to make apps. It's the first class to break everything down to the level that is perfect for "newbies" so that you never feel lost, and can excel and learn quickly.
Who is this class for?
- People who want to make apps. We will not be teaching wordy or complicated computer science philosophies. We'll cover how to make apps that you can play with, share with friends & family, and offer to the world!
- Beginners. You don't need any programming experience to take this class. We've been the absolute beginners before and want to help you.
- People who like to have fun, you might see a mullet or two in this class :)
- Entrepreneurs who have an idea for an app. Don't pay somebody thousands to build your app. Do it yourself. Having the ability to create something you can think of is extremely powerful.
Who this course is for:
- This Android course is meant for those who want to learn Android programming in a fun way.
- If you have little to no programming experience, this course is for you.
- This course will not be a good fit for those wanting advanced Android topics and a boring instructor.
Hi! I'm Nick, and I love to code. About five years ago I decided that I wanted to learn to code, but I had limited access to programming resources, and I was getting frustrated with all of the YouTube videos and online tutorials out there. I experimented, struggled, and definitely failed a lot, but I finally got the hang of it, so I decided that I wanted to change the way that people learned to code, and I started teaching. My experience as an online student has directly influenced my teaching style, because I know what it is like to be in your shoes.
Apple announced their new programming language, Swift, in 2014, I made my big online teaching debut and created the
internet's first Swift course. Since that time, I have
become a full-time online instructor and I now have courses not only in Swift,
but also in iOS, Android, Django, Kotlin, Python, HTML, Blockchain, etc. I have also created five iOS apps from scratch that are currently live in the App Store and are being used by thousands of users worldwide.
I love sharing my excitement for coding with my students, and I try to make learning as fun and as easy as possible. Thanks for being part of my coding community!