How to make a basic lo-fi chill beat in FL Studio
- 39 mins on-demand video
- 5 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You will grasp the basic understanding of how to compose a laid-back-vibe type of beat using FL Studio
- Understand how to bring a variety of sounds together (in a digital audio workstation) to make a beat
- A desire to learn about music and digital composition
- Fl Studio
It's hard knowing exactly where to start if you're trying to get into music.
Even more so if you want to make electronic music that requires multiple instruments and a completely separate skill set versus learning a traditional instrument.
I want to help you by guiding you through making a very simple, "lo-fi" genre style beat. You can use these techniques to start learning about:
- Structure of a song
- Drum rythms
- Chord progressions
- How to make a melody
- Equalizing clashing instruments
FL Studio is the primary program we will be using, but you can use these skills to produce in any DAW (digital audio workstation).
- Beginners who at least know about music basics (what is a chord?)
- No knowledge of digital composition or FL studio is required to take this course
A great free sound resource you can download songs and samples: