Ruby on Rails Foundations
What you'll learn
- Build fully functional Ruby on Rails applications
- Be able to deploy web applications to the web
- Understand each stage of the Rails development process
- Work with APIs
- Run database queries
- Develop MVC (model view controller) applications
- Build and customize RESTful routes into a web application
- Install Rails on their local development machine
- Build a file uploading feature
- Work with form data
- Integrate custom algorithms into a web application
- Basic computer knowledge
- No programming experience required
Are you ready to start building professional web applications? Over a decade of programming experience has taught me that the best way to learn how to code is to acquire a comprehensive understanding of the basic principles and then learn from building real world projects, and that's exactly what this course does. Beginning with setting up your local development environment and ending with deploying your production application to the web, this course gives a detailed walk through on:
- Creating applications
- Using the Rails console
- Generating scaffolds
- Running advanced database queries
- How to configure RESTful routes
- Configuring views
- Building out the full Model/View/Controller architecture
- Working with multiple database options
- Creating custom algorithms
- Building a file uploader connected to a CDN
- Working with Ruby gem libraries
- Integrating authentication
- And much more.
This course differs from others because it not only teaches you how to build an application, it focuses on giving developers an in depth understanding of the web framework itself so that you can take your new knowledge and build any type of application. With the course organized so that each video teaches a specific feature, you can use them in the future as a reference when you want to build out a specific functionality. The course was engineered to ensure you will be able to learn the material:
- With over 6.5 hours of video lectures
- Access to the project's source code
- Quizzes at the end of each section
- And I will be your personal code mentor, answering every question you have as you go through the course to ensure you can complete it successfully and that you have an extensive understanding of the material
After you complete the course and quizzes you will be given a Ruby on Rails Foundations certificate of completion and you will be on your way to becoming a professional Rails developer!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in building web applications
- Developers wanting to learn how to create Ruby on Rails apps
Jordan Hudgens is the CTO and Founder of Bottega where he leads instruction and curriculum development for all of the DevCamp and Bottega code schools around the US.
Jordan has developed applications for Quip, Eventbrite, and DevCamp. As a teacher, he focuses on project driven education, with a focus on jobcentric techniques. This means that he focuses specifically on teaching the skills needed in the development industry. This style of teaching is conducive to learning how to build real world products that adhere to industry best practices.
Additionally Jordan has published multiple books on programming and computer science for Packt Publishing, along with developing training curriculum for Bottega, Learn Co, DevCamp, and AppDev on the topics of Ruby on Rails, Java, AngularJS, NoSQL, API development, TypeScript and algorithms.