- 3 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Stand out from other candidates and get interviews for video game jobs specifically for art roles as character modeling, 3D animation, 2D, and Generalist.
- Succeed in interviews by using specific, proven tactics and strategies.
- Understand how to make it very clear to employers why you should be hired.
- How to use LinkedIn to easily Network with the right industry professionals, and how to use it to your advantage to get to the top of the application pile with a call back.
- Specific guidelines and best practices for creating Resumes, Cover Letters, Portfolios and LinkedIn profiles specifically tailored to the Video Game Industry that get results.
- How to gain relevant video game industry experience recruiters want to see, if you have no current experience that will catapult you to a career in video games.
- Understanding how to apply to jobs overseas if you are based in the US.
- Understanding the portfolio building process directly from Lead artists who do hiring internally from some of the best game studios in the world.
- Specific to do tasks to help build a portfolio/demo reel that will get results from recruiters.
Focusing on the foundation skills
Titles and common jobs in mobile
- Possess a strong passion and desire to work in the video game industry.
- Have some basic game creation skill or knowledge -such as 3D animation, 3D modeling, or other asset creation skills that can be applied to video game creation.
- Basic understanding of a 3D package such as Blender or Autodesk Maya to create a strong portfolio.
In this course we will guide you on how to develop and target your work for the game art industry and the best practices to create a strong portfolio efficiently that will get you noticed by art directors and head recruiters.
This course specifically focuses on landing your first job in the game industry. There are also tips for intermediate artists looking to improve their chances at landing interviews, and provides insight to 3 specific artist roles in the ever increasing competitive gaming industry job market.
This course is aimed at:
* Beginners ideally who already have some 2d/3d work
* Students who have graduated but have not yet been secured their first job
* Career changes with 2D/3D experience in a different creative field
We focus on three main roles:
3D Character Modeler (console/mobile)
3D Animator (console/mobile)
Generalist 2D 3D artist for mobile
Each section is split into 3 sections
We'll go through project ideas, how to stay motivated, common mistakes often made to avoid being passed on during the selection process, and best practices when applying for jobs.
This collaboration is between Game Art Co and Class Creatives.
So let’s get started on your path to the industry please check out the videos below.
About your Instructors:
Game Art Co Founded by Nick Sweetman is a collective of game artists based in Helsinki, Finland. Finland is considered a super power in the mobile gaming industry. Passionate about teaching we want all our students to succeed on their chosen learning path. We have trained over 20,000 students on Udemy! Our courses are practical and focus on the essential core skills and workflow needed by an industry game artist. Our learning content is designed to be inspiring, effective & efficient. With a combined experience of over twenty years in the games industry. With over 20 published and award winning titles released on console, PC and mobile. Our artists come from companies that include Rovio, Remedy and Supercell. Our courses adapt the Finnish style of educational training which is consistently ranked the best in the world.
Class Creatives has over 20 years of professional industry experience and nearly a decade of accredited university level instruction. Instructors featured from Studios such as Walt Disney Animation Studios, Walt Disney Television, Google, Nintendo, Naughty Dogg, Sony Computer Ent, Sucker Punch, Guerrilla Games, Infinity Ward, and more!.
- Anyone who desires a career in the video game industry and wants to garner stronger results in getting interviews/call backs.
- Students or artists who already have some basic video game skill or training (recent graduates, jr artists, interns looking to grow their careers, or hobbyists/indie developers looking to jump start their career in a AAA/Large video game studio)
- Anyone currently looking for a job or within the next 3-6 months in the video game industry.