Querying Microsoft SQL Server For Beginners
What you'll learn
- Download and install SQL Server
- Download and install Sample database
- Download and install SQL Server Management Tool (SSMS)
- Know what is a database
- Make database records unique with a primary Key
- Sort data
- Filter data
- Group Data
- Count Records in a database
- Get data and Read Data From A Database
- This course is suitable for windows platform computers
- Download and Intall Sample SQL Server 2014 Server Express edition.We'll cover this in the course
- Download and install SQL Server Management Studio 2014.We'll cover this in the course
- Download and install Adventureworks2014 sample database
Welcome everyone to the course. SQL is also popularly referefered to as Sequel .In this course you will learn how to install step by step and communicate with SQL Server database. We will be downloading and installing SQL Server Express 2014 (which is a free download). As a sample, we will use AdventureWorks 2014 as our database. Along the way, we will be getting data from the database using T-SQL to write queries. But AdventureWorks 2014 will be our main focus. As far as T-SQL, we will start with the simple select statements and add new features as we go. We will cover grouping and filtering data as well as sorting data before it is read.
This course will provide you with the basic knowledge and skills to install and query SQL Server database. You will also be familiar with SQL Server Management Studio 2014 which is the management tool used to administer and manage SQL Servers.
What You Will Learn in this course includes:
- How to download and install SQL Server
- How to download and install Sample database
- How to download and install SQL Server Management Tool (SSMS)
- What is a database?
- How to make database records unique with a primary Key
- How to sort data
- How to group data
- How to filter data
- How to get data from a database
- How to count records
This is a video based course of about 2 hours with lots of practical hands on examples to follow along.
Who this course is for:
- This course is meant for beginners to SQL Server Databases
Bluelime is UK based and creates quality easy to understand eLearning solutions .All our courses are 100% video based. We teach hands –on- examples that teach real life skills .
Bluelime has engaged in various types of projects for fortune 500 companies and understands what is required to prepare students with the relevant skills they need.