A positive attitude and a willingness to learn new things are absolutely required for this course. Basic computer skills will also help you get the most out of this class when we reach the lectures pertaining to your digital life. I’ll be using my Apple computer for these sections, but you should be able to pick up the basic concepts and apply this to whatever machine you use.
Overwhelmed with tasks, documents, ideas, things, etc? Take this course.
Need someone to come in and just “save you from this mess?” Take this course.
Already slightly organized, but want to reach your final form? Take this course!
Some of the tools I’ll be using in my lectures:
Calendar (any calendar app or physical calendar will suffice)
Dropbox (free until 2GB, plans available thereafter)
iCloud (free until 5GB, plans available thereafter)
Airmail ($9.99 USD, Mac only, any mail client with similar features will suffice)
Numbers (any spreadsheet program will suffice)
External Hard Drives
The powers you’ll acquire from this course:
* Be able to take on every day with precision because everything is already laid out for you.
* Create a system that works best for you and allows you to be productive.
* Streamline the everyday organization of documents and media files.
* Learn methods to be more effective with your organizing so that you never have to think about it.
* Automate tasks that will free up your time to do the things that matter to you (like binge-watching the entire Star Trek franchise… if that’s your thing).
My students are looking to increase their productivity by putting systems in place that will streamline their everyday tasks. They want to free up their schedule and eliminate the distractions of a cluttered lifestyle so they can focus on their projects and dream life.