Starting a Business: How to Incorporate Your Business
- 1 hour on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- How to incorporate your business
- Learn about forming a business entity
- Understand Limited Liability Company (LLC), Corporation, Sole Proprietorship, and Partnership,
- Learn about different business entities
- Create an LLC or Corporation without a lawyer
- Choosing the right legal entity for your business
- Setup IRS tax ID - Employer Identification Number
- Best suited for incorporating a business in the United States
When you start a business, you must decide on a legal structure for it. Forming a business entity is an important way to protect yourself from liability and save money on taxes. Usually you'll choose either a sole proprietorship, a partnership, a limited liability company (LLC), or a corporation. There's no right or wrong choice that fits everyone. Your job is to understand how each legal structure works and then pick the one that best meets your needs.
In this course, we'll go over the basics of incorporation and help you understand the right legal entity for your small business
We'll help you understand the difference between a corporation and an LLC. We'll also talk about a sole proprietorship and if it is right for your situation, and providing advice on choosing and forming a corporate entity.
We'll talk about the forms that need to be filed and go over the formalities and documents related to incorporation. We'll also get into how to establish bylaws, set up a tax ID for the IRS, and navigate state and local laws, in order to get your business off to the right start.
- Small Business Owners
- Anyone interested in starting a business
- eCommerce entrepreneurs, Amazon and eBay sellers