How to Implement a Workplace Diversity and Inclusion Program
What you'll learn
- Explore the concept of diversity and inclusion and why it should be celebrated
- Discover how to conduct an audit on your diversity in order to create a strategic plan for our D&I initiatives
- Identify unique ways to expand the talent pool in order to expand the diversity in potential candidates, and write appropriate interview questions
- Explore D&I as it relates to your performance management system
- Explore diversity networks and employee resource groups, and employ them to become the heart of a diversity and inclusion program
- No advanced preparation or prerequisites are required for this course.
This course sets you up with the tools you need to create a workplace that celebrates diversity and inclusion. Employers who want the competitive advantage know that they must go above and beyond the requirements of the law and create an inclusive environment where the needs of all employees can be met. The most successful companies in the world place diversity high on their priority list.
The course covers developing a diversity audit plan and related strategic plan, along with diversity recruiting, performance management and communication. We will finish with some thoughts on overcoming challenges.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in human resources, management, leadership, or related fields.
Illumeo, incorporated in 2009, is revolutionizing the hide-bound world of corporate learning. Illumeo works with corporate professionals and organizations of all sizes to build the skills and capabilities that help everyone be an expert at their job.
Based in Silicon Valley, CA, Illumeo serves thousands of corporations and corporate professionals across Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, Sales and Marketing. The platform offers assessments, industry-benchmarked competency analyses, hundreds of expert-developed courses, collaborative tools, and the ability for companies to self-publish internal courses that promote institutional knowledge retention and dissemination.
Illumeo is the place for expertise management and we are dedicated to the proposition that everyone can be an expert at their job.
Catherine M. Mattice, MA, SPHR, SHRM-SCP is the President of consulting and training firm, Civility Partners, and has been successfully providing programs in building positive workplaces since 2007. She has published in a variety of trade magazines and has appeared several times on national affiliates of FOX, NBC, and ABC as an expert, as well as in USA Today, Inc Magazine, Huffington Post, Entrepreneur Magazine, and more. Catherine is the past-President of the American Society of Training & Development (ASTD), San Diego Chapter, and an adjunct at the National University and Southwestern College. In his book foreword, Ken Blanchard called her book, "BACK OFF! Your Kick-Ass Guide to Ending Bullying at Work," as the most comprehensive and valuable handbook on the topic. Her clients include Fortune 500’s, the Navy and Marine Corps, hospitals, universities, government agencies, nonprofits and small businesses.