How to have Extraordinary Sleep & Wake Up Energized & Happy
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 63 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand the principles of sleep
- Practice & perform Qigong exercises to help you go to sleep
- Practice two Qigong meditations that are used to help with insomnia
- Differentiate between the six main TCM causes for insomnia
- Differentiate the different views between Traditional Chinese Medicine and Western Medicine when it comes to treating insomnia
- Understand the effects of pharmaceutical drugs and tranquilizers
- Determine what are the best Chinese herbal formulas to use to aid with insomnia
- Understand the mental and emotional influences that effect you from having a good nights sleep
- Understand and practice sleep restrictions and sleep hygine
- Utilise acupressure or acupuncture points that are good for insomnia
- Choose the best beds, pillow, bedding and sleeping positions to have a great nights sleep
- Establish a regular sleep / wake cycle
- Discern what the best foods and diets are that help with insomnia
- There is no pre course requirements
This course is designed to help anyone who has trouble with sleeping and who may have insomnia or another form of sleep disorder. Using Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) principles that have been used to successfully treat insomnia for thousands of years and Qigong Exercises, this course gives a comprehensive study into what insomnia is and how you can treat it.
There are 11 Qigong instructional exercises videos to help you get to sleep, two audio Qigong sleeping meditations and a number of pdfs on acupressure & acupuncture points, Chinese herbal formulas for insomnia, a comparison between western and TCM treatments, what are the best beds, pillows, sleeping positions, diet and emotional disturbances that effect having a good nights sleep.
The course covers both theory and practical exercises to help you understand the causes and treatments for insomnia. The first part of the course is a series of pdfs covering the different views between TCM and Western Medicine on insomnia. There are then 11 Qigong exercise videos to teach you have to calm the mind and body so that you can shut down for a good nights sleep and following these there are 2 audio Qigong meditations. More theory is covered after the instructional videos on food and diet, mental and emotional disturbances, the best beds, pillows, bedding and sleeping positions, how insomnia is treated with Western Medicine and TCM, non medical treatments for insomnia, what medicines are used to treat insomnia, sleep hygiene, sleep restrictions and relaxation music.
If you are looking for solutions to your insomnia or sleep disturbances that isn't using pharmaceutical drugs then this course can help. Using TCM principles and Qigong exercises you can safely practice techniques to help you go to sleep and stay asleep and, also become aware of the many causes of insomnia and how you can make changes to eliminate the things around you that may be causing you to have sleeping problems.
- This course is for people who have difficulty having a good nights sleep
- People who have insomnia or sleep disturbance
- People who always feel tired when they wake up in the morning
- People who always feel tired
- People who wake up in the night and can't get back to sleep
- This course is not suited for people who have no symptoms of insomnia or difficulty with sleeping
This is a video overview of what acupuncture is and how it is used to treat insomnia.
This is a video of the first standing Qigong exercise that helps and can aid in treating insomnia.
This is a video of a sitting Qigong exercise that helps and can aid in the treatment of insomnia.
This is a video introduction explaining how to perform a Breathing Meditation that helps to Quiet your mind, calm your heart and reduce stress