Networking for Introverts: Gracefully Exiting a Conversation
What you'll learn
- After this course you will have at least 4 ways to gracefully and professionally end any conversation.
- After this course you will be ready to deal with any conversation at a business function that becomes awkward.
- After this course you will be able to maximize what you get out of business functions.
- After this course you will stop wasting time in conversations that just need to end.
- After this course you will be able to confidently remove yourself from uncomfortable conversations.
- After this course you will be able to use the "buddy system" effectively at business events.
- After this course you will be able to stop avoiding the office holiday party for fear of getting trapped in an unwanted conversation.
- There are no requirements to start this course, it's open to everyone.
Perfect for introverts who want to network comfortably but are concerned about getting stuck in a conversation. If you've ever gotten trapped in a conversation or been cornered by a pushy person at a work event the you know it can ruin your evening. Now you can learn an easy way to get out of those situations and make going to meetings or other business functions much more productive and less stressful. Networking is important to any professional or business owner. Be prepared for events by learning these time-tested techniques for bringing the conversation to a close and moving on by creating your own personal exit plan. In this course you will learn skills to make it easy and comfortable so you never have to feel trapped again.
Discover a Simple and Effective Way to End an Uncomfortable Conversation Professionally and Confidently.
- Master four tried and true exit lines you can use in any situation
- Create a customized exit plan that feels natural and comfortable for you
- Find out what to do if you are faced with an aggressive or pushy person
- Build your confidence and get the respect you deserve at meetings
- Learn how to stop feeling anxious about attending business functions
The techniques in this course come from over 30 years of experience attending meetings and networking. The tips are things used by professionals every day to stop people from wasting their time. Learning to get out of a conversation can be even more tricky than getting one started. Feeling trapped by someone who just won't take a hint that you don't want to talk anymore can be incredibly uncomfortable. I developed this course to help my students who have felt "cornered" before and didn't know how to get away from the other person without feeling awkward.
One of my clients, Kim, spent 20 years avoiding networking events because she was traumatized in this way. She was able to overcome her aversion and learned these easy to learn techniques... and now she has no fear of meeting people professionally.
The lessons in this course are broken down so that you will understand not only what to say, but why it can help you. The practice techniques will enable you to be more confident, more quickly. This course will help you take full advantage of professional opportunities to make connections and build relationships to further your career or build your business.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for you if you get nervous our anxious about attending business meetings or functions.
- This is course is for you if you've had a bad experience getting stuck in an awkward conversation at a past work event.
- This course is for you if you avoid going to office parties because you're worried about getting stuck in a conversation.
- This course is for you if you just want to feel more confident talking to people at business events.
- This course is for you if you are unsure what to do when you get trapped by an overly eager or aggressive person in a conversation.
- This course is for you if you worry about appearing rude ending a conversation with someone who just drones on and on.
Business is about people and relationships. The quality of your connections can make a huge difference in your business success. My mission is to help you to network naturally, present powerfully and sell successfully, regardless of your industry.
Connections are the key. If you're not connecting with people, you're just collecting business cards. My goal is to design and deliver relevant, effective and entertaining programs that teach practical networking, presentation and selling skills for those committed to taking action. Improvement requires action, knowing what action requires knowledge and skill... that's where I can help.
If you can't access and use the information in a course, it's useless to you. Pitch for Success is all about teaching practical skills that anyone can use immediately to improve their ability to network, present and sell to really engage authentically with people. Whether that's at a networking event, presenting to a group of co-workers, or engaging in a selling conversation with a potential client, the ability to get people's attention and draw them into a meaningful conversation is critical. I want to help you make it natural and comfortable.
I bring all my experience to bear when I teach. I meld my IT technical and training background, 20 years of sales experience ($40 million in closed business), some brain science, a dose of psychology, a lifetime of living as a small business entrepreneur and 15 years of screenwriting into useful and fun courses to help you learn the skills you need to succeed. My career has taken me from the world of television, through two decades in technology sales, then to teaching IT engineering classes for Cisco, launching my own online training company, and most recently acting as a business advisor for the Small Business Administration in Virginia (SBDC). It all comes together to help me craft high quality learning for you that makes it easier and more fun to build the skills and confidence you need to meet and exceed your goals..
I strive to bring a fresh perspective to how people communicate and succeed in business and life, so you can learn the tools to naturally, comfortably and authentically stand out in a world crowded with noise and information.