How to 'get' people: Practical psychology
What you'll learn
- Fully understand your own personality type
- Learn about the four elements of personality: Extraversion vs Introversion, Sensing vs Intuitive, Thinking vs Feeling Judging vs Perceiving
- Appreciate difference between personality and behaviour and how this gives us choice and the ability to change how we do things for the better
- Accurately spot different ‘types' of people
- Understand how people might see you depending on your personality type
- Make the best of yourself in every situation
- Influence people and situations to get better outcomes
- There are no specific requirements for the course. You will be prompted to take the Prelude Character Analysis as part of the course so you’ll need web access. If you’d like to make notes then make sure have whatever equipment to make notes with.
Do you want to:
·Be able to spot different personalities?
·Understand why you ‘click’ with some people but not others?
·Get along better with people by understanding the differences between personality types?
·Learn what you are like in a relationship?
·Manage conflict effectively. Some people dislike and avoid conflict, whereas others use it to solve problems and get things done?
·Find out how to motivate and get the best out of different personality types?
This intensely practical course will show you how deal with different personalities and show you how to maximize your own impact and potential using real life scenarios.
By the end of this course you will be better able to
·Know what makes people tick
·Know yourself and how to better adapt
Who this course is for:
- Anybody who meets, works with, lives with or manages other people and who wants to better understand people dynamics. People brand new to learning about personality, through to personality enthusiasts will all benefit from this fresh and practical approach.
Originally developed in 1998 the Character Analysis has been helping people all over the world understand practical psychology in their everyday lives. Created by Bill McAneny, Organisational Psychologist, Author of 'Frankenstein's Manager' and with over 20 years experience as a Consultant and Executive Coach to global organisations in North America, Europe and the Middle East, this experience has been distilled into our courses to help people grasp the essentials of everyday psychology.
Author of 'Frankenstein's Manager,' which outlines why management training does not lead to better performing managers
Advisor to the Boards of several global organisations in North America, Europe and the Middle East
Taught Psychology at the International Management Academies in Brussels and Stockholm
Specialist in Management Due Diligence for Private Equity