How To Get More Design Referrals
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Generate Great Client Referrals
- Have a printed out checklist to refer to in order to stay on track
- Learn better habits when servicing Design clients
- Computer / iPad to view the course
- Note pad if you would like to take notes
- Ability to Print out the work sheet
This course is for: Artists, Designers, Illustrators and Hand Letterers.
I have been running my own freelance design business for over 10 years and have not once ever paid for advertising. All of my clientele is based on referrals.
In this course, I have created an effective and simple checklist that lists the key things that will make you stand out from the crowd of other designers, illustrators or hand letterers. If you do a great job in these areas when it comes to client service, I am confident you will be on your way to wonderful client referrals.
When you get referred by a client, one design job can quickly become 2, 3, 4 and so on! Referrals are the best way to get more work.
Along with a great checklist....by the end of this course you will have a strong awareness of what it takes to keep the clients you currently have and inspire them to refer you to their friends, family and colleagues.
In this class, you will discover:
- How carefully listening to your clients fears, ideas and vision will set you up to success.
- How being easy to work with will serve you well as a freelancer
- How treating your client like a good friend will benefit your design business
- What defines "great work" and how to communicate that to your client
- Why going the extra mile and over delivering is a good idea
- Why you want to complete each design job before the deadline
- How to help promote your clients project or brand
- Ways to make it easy to be referred
- Way to ask for referrals
"I believe that if more Designers and Illustrators followed these key principals of client service, they would greatly increase their referral rate." - Melanie
I look forward to you joining my course and please feel free to ask me any questions! Also I love reviews!
- Hand Letterers
Listening to the client may seem obvious but you'd be surprised how many designers think its ok to create something they think will work for their client, without ever really listening to the concerns and inspirations of the client. This leads to longer design turnarounds and ultimately the clients loss of confidence. Listening is key to making sure the client is truly happy and gives a referral.
Making the clients life easy is another key way to generate referrals. Being easy to work with, easy to send quotes, easy to talk to...etc... makes all the difference.
Some of my best clients have become great friends. A client will not just remember your great design work but also the way they felt while working with you. When a client refers us, they are placing their reputation on the line, so they want to be sure you are going to come through for their friend, family or colleague.