How to Get Found on the Internet
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Better optimize their web and blog site webpages and other online artifacts for the Google search engine.
- Learn how to use keyword searching and analysis to find profitable business niches for them to pursue online
- Have the knowledge at hand to know what websites and what toolsets can help them do keyword and keyword phrase analysis - both paid and free
- Know and be able to utilize online strategies that will help them get past the millions of search engine query results to actually be able to appear within the first few pages of a user keyword phrase search
- A basic understanding of website or blog site design would be useful
- A basic understanding of how meta tags and descriptions are used to get your web pages and blog posts found on the Internet would be useful
This course provides the student with several lectures that collectively when finished, provides them with a greater understanding of the strategies and techniques they can employ to improve the likelihood of their web or blog sites being found by search engines on the Internet.
This course covers the following topics:
- What is SEO and how does it work
- How do you optimize and improve your web or blog site so as to improve its chances of being found by search engines
- How does one do keyword and keyword phrase analysis and what tools – paid and free – can help to get the job done?
- How do the experts use keyword analysis to find new business niches that they can exploit to be financially successful? What tools and strategies do they employ to make a lot of money on the Internet?
- How do you get your website “Righteous” with Google so they don’t penalize you in their organic search engine rankings
- What sites can help me analyze and debug my web and blog sites so that I can maximize their loading speed potential and reduce or eliminate bounces to my web or blog site(s)
- What analytical tools and websites are out there so that I can track various aspects of my web or blog site’s performance?
- What strategies will best help me to generate steady organic traffic to my web or blog site?
- If I want to pay for traffic to my web or blog site, where do I get the “Best bang for my buck?”
At the end of this course, the student will have gained greater insights into the world of SEO, creating backlinks, building a stable and far reaching online business presence and in general, getting their sites found on the Internet. This knowledge gained should help the student to improve his or her business “online presence” so it can be found more easily by organic searches. This should lead to more sales or content consumption by potential customers.
- If you are building and running an online website or blog site that could benefit from organic search engine results, this course would help you
- If you want to understand how SEO works, then this course would be of benefit to you
- If you have specific content that you want to highlight and show up in the results of a search engine query, then you can benefit from this course
This lecture introduces the topic of getting found on the Internet. It further discusses getting found and SEO in overview through the form of an analogy given by the author of this course, Dan Grijzenhout.
This lecture discusses the Google search engine in overview. It discusses how it works, and what it is looking for as it searches websites to see what sites are best to render for a person making a query for content through the engine. From a website development perspective, this lecture also discusses what your best strategies are to optimize your website design and components so as to give you the best possible chance of having your website show up to the user making the content query through Google.
For those not wanting to spend money to get traffic to their websites, this checklist that I have created for getting traffic to your website organically should be very useful to you. I have done all these things myself and my traffic has grown as a result. So take the time to go through this one...
Today, there are millions of pieces of content on the Internet and more being uploaded daily. Any query you make through the Google search engine can return 10's and even 100's of millions of search results. How then is it even possible to setup keywords that will bring you to page 1 or 2 in Google's search results? This video discusses this issue along with recommendations on things you can do to improve your rankings in the Google search engine when your keywords and keyword phrases are used by a consumer of content.
This lecture discusses the importance of registering and keeping current a "sitemap.xml" file of your website with Google. I then show you step by step how to get a sitemap.xml file created and how to get it registered within the Google system. If you want to see organic traffic to your website increase, you have to do this!
A very important SEO task for you to complete is to get your website webpages registered and indexed within the Google Search Engine database. If you want to have any shot at getting on the first page of Google user search results for your keyword phrases, this is something you need to get done. Watch this lecture to learn more about it's importance and also learn step by step how to get the job done.
This lecture discusses the use of analytical tools to help improve your online presence and SEO. A number of tools, how to use them and how they can benefit your business are discussed including YouTube Analytics, Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, Google Console, Social Blade and Pingdom.
This lecture first asks the question "Is paying for traffic the right move for your business? It discusses this at some length giving you thoughts to ponder as you decide whether or not to spend money on website and blog site promotion. Then, the lecture moves on to discuss good options for you under the assumption that this is an important thing to do in your situation. The lecture is important to view for both reasons. One to help you decide on whether or not to do it, and secondly, if doing it, how to spend your money wisely.
At one time or another, almost everyone involved in advertising products and services online will use Google AdWords for pay per click advertising. One of the things Google will do to determine where and when your paid ads are placed - and even how much you will be charged for your ad is something called your "Quality Score" and this quality score has everything to do with Google SEO. Watch this video lecture to learn more.
This lecture poses the strategy of using keyword research and trends to define what your business will be as opposed to doing keyword research to improve the SEO of the business you have already or are planning to create. There are a number of entrepreneurs that take this approach for building their online businesses and they have been enormously successful. I drill down in this lecture to discuss what keyword searching is really about, how to do it, and what tools and websites there are out there that can help you to do a good job at this kind of research - both free and paid services/tools.
This lecture provides the viewer with a location where they can go to get notified of any coupon deals I currently have available. Just go to my Facebook business page at https://www.facebook.com/howtoguru.org/ and click on the "Get Course Coupons" button to get an e-mail link to my courses where the coupons are currently in effect. Thank you for your interest in my courses! Best wishes, - Dan Grijzenhout