How To Get Your Business Financed ?
What you'll learn
- Learn what drives and motivates bankers to provide target business with loans and credit
- Learn how bankers think and decide when processing and approving loans and credit for disbursement
- Learn how to apply what you had learned when getting the loans and credit your business requires
- Learn how to prepare and articulate your business case so as to impress your bankers by your preparedness to get the loans and credit that your business needs
- Learn what it takes to build and reinforce your confidence when you talk up your business case to secure the loans and credit that your business needs
- a readiness to learn and fearlessness to apply what was learned in a real life setting regardless of outcome
We organised and launched this course to empower business owners and key decision makers when it comes to obtaining financing and credit from bankers and financiers. Loans and credits should be granted to businesses regardless of their size or perceived management quality. Our course architect, who has 25+ years of banking experience, has observed an uneven allocation of loans and credits. Many do not end up being used in economically productive ways, while larger businesses often win the lion's share. We strive to give all businesses a level playing field. The core aim is to enable individuals to take control of the process. The course provides preparation needed, along with toolkits and step-by-step guidance. It also aims to make learners aware of how to engage bankers/financiers so that they are more likely to get continuous support for financing/credit. This will help the overall economy become more productive as big businesses won't monopolise loan/credit distribution; the most deserving businesses will get them instead.
The objectives of this course are: 1) learn what drives and motivates bankers when they agree to lend, 2) understand how bankers think/decide when lending, 3) apply what you’ve learned in your business - analyse & prepare a case for why you should receive loans/credit, 4) prepare & enable yourself to tell your business case in order to impress bankers/financiers & 5) win support for continuous financing/credit from them - because other bankers tend to follow suit once someone agrees with you.
The delivery will include an introduction on key operating indicators which are important for lenders/financiers, understanding why these indicators matter within their context, learning what motivates them when granting loans/credit, discovering how you should present your side of the debt and equity story for your business & showing how your business can service & repay debt before delving into its future valuation & why it is worth lending to your business now since its future prospects are articulated and financially valued.
Who this course is for:
- business owners and employees who are tasked to seek loans and credit from banks and financial institutions.
John has extensive experience in Asia, Arabian Gulf, and Islamic capital markets, spanning over 25 years. He has raised capital using different financing modalities like equity, bonds, Islamic finance, and cash flow-backed financing, among others. John is fluent in English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Indonesian, and commands a smidgen of Arabic due to his past work experience in the Arabian Gulf region. Although John hasn't worked for major investment banks and global banks, he has successfully originated, structured and financially closed fund raising deals that have won numerous awards, and some of the structures used in these deals are still being emulated, such as the Islamic endowment backed development financing structure which John originated and structured and which Singapore has applied and hailed as the benchmark for others to follow.