How to Get a Job as a Web Developer - Start Your Career
What you'll learn
- This course main purpose is to get a job as a web developer, so everything you'll learn is based on that target.
- You will learn how to improve your CV thanks to tips provided by real user cases and also an interview with a woman currently working in human resources.
- Ways to improve your visibility to the world as a professional programmer.
- Find different ways to find a job as a web developer.
- Identify the skills and knowledge required and the path to go to find a job as a web developer.
- This course won't teach you programming. So you need to have already coding skills or knowledge
- You should have the willingness to find a job. If you don't want to find a job as a web developer, this course is not for you.
Last course update: March 25th 2019 added new resources
This course will give show you and teach you ways to get a job as a web developer taking into account that you are starting, or you want to get a better web developer job.
If you are reading this, it's probably because you have already some web development skills and knowledge, and you've decided to go one step forward, a make a living out of it.
I'm glad you're here; I'm Adria Jimenez a web and mobile developer and designer with more than ten years of experience in the field.
During my career as a developer, I had the pleasure to work in both, small and large companies with different sized teams.
I've searched and changed several times from job, growing and expanding my career as a developer, and I've also hired developers to work for me or with me, in my team.
Now after having all that experience, I work helping individuals to grow themselves, either at skills level or a career level.
I created this course because I have a lot of friends and other students who were gaining a lot of knowledge and learning new skills, but it was really hard for them to make one step further and start making a living from those new skills. There is when I saw that with my experience and knowledge, I could help to make a change in people lives.
At the end of this course, you'll be able to detect the exact skills you are missing to enter the professional market of web developers. You'll learn how to approach the companies, how to distinguish yourself from other possible candidates, where to find the best web developer jobs, how to get a fast ticket to the companies human resources and much more. All the lectures in the course are focused on the purpose of you getting a real job as a web developer.
That's my main goal, and that's why I created this course, I even included an interview with a person working in human resources hiring developers daily, so you can get a deeper knowledge of what companies are looking for.
This course is meant to be like a Swiss Army Knife for the ones who want to get started earning money with their developer skills in a full or part time job or for the ones who want to move forward in their career path.
Are you one of them? Join me inside and start your career as a web developer.
Who this course is for:
- This course is meant for people who is starting their career as a developer but cannot find a job as developer.
- This course is also for people who has already a job but wants to have a better job as web developer.
- This course will help people who wants to make a living out of their coding skills.
- This course is not for you if you don't know how to program.
I love creating software and teaching how to be more successful.
Currently, I work at Xing creating software for millions of people. I've worked in other big and successful companies like Softonic, Honda or Fnac creating websites, apps, designs, and software.
I really enjoy teaching people new skills so they can improve their lives.
All my life I've been surrounded by computers. As a child, my father - who was a programmer back then - introduced me to the world of computing, which marked me forever. Years later, after hours and hours in front of computers, I am dedicated to my passion: code.
I try to do my best to achieve the best result day by day.