How To Draw Hands
What you'll learn
- Learn easy solutions for drawing a difficult subject
- How to simplify the hand into three parts
- How to use simple shapes and forms to draw each hand element
- How to draw hands from various angles and perspectives
- How to use various shapes and ideas for drawing each hand part
- Multiple ideas and techniques that allow freedom to choose and break away from rigid thinking
- A complete breakdown of the connections between all forearm and hand parts
- Hand and forearm anatomy
- Adding details over the basic hand structure like tendons, knuckles and padding
- Much more...
In this class you will discover easy methods for how to draw hands. This class is perfect for all levels as we will start from the very beginning and work our way through each stage adding more and more structure.
To help simplify the drawing process I will share my two main drawing tips: gesture & structure. These are the key drawing tools used for all hand parts.
I've also included how to draw the forearm since it attaches to the wrist and hand. It gives the hand more context and meaning.
The class is broken down into three main sections:
Lecture series: Here is where I will share knowledge for drawing all main components of the hand. Again, starting with the forearm and working through the wrist, base of the hand (palm and back of hand), thumb and fingers. Once the basics are covered I will share some intermediate ideas such as fingernails, knuckles, and the transitions from forearm to wrist, wrist to hand, hand to fingers and so on.
Master's examples: We will look at a series of works by the Master's and see how they may have utilized these ideas in their hand drawings.
Projects: There are two projects that include gesture and gesture & structure. It's in the form of a reel so images are timed. You will be asked to draw a series of gestures to begin. Then in the second assignment you will do both gesture and structure. And....I will end the class by doing the same exact projects as you did. So, you can compare your thoughts and approach to my ideas. A GREAT learning tool!
So, what do you say? Ready to draw some amazing hands? Let's get started!
Who this course is for:
- Beginner and aspiring artists that want to learn to draw the hands.
Hi, I'm Robert Joyner.
I'm a full time paint-slinger from Richmond, Virginia specializing in watercolor, acrylic & mixed media paintings. Best known for my signature loose brushwork and carefree approach to creating abstract style artwork.
Here's a quick look at some of my bragging rights.
Official Artist 2012 Kentucky Derby
Arlington Horse Race Track Chicago
National Pastime Baseball Museum
Art On Carnival Cruise Ships
555 Fahrenheit Restaurants
Art on sitcom Modern Family
Artwork on sitcom The Odd Couple
Artwork in movie Tracers
2013 Mixed Media Instructor Strathmore Papers
Shenton Valley Vineyards Wine Label
Polo Resort - upscale hotel In Hong Kong