How to draw Cartoony Monsters
What you'll learn
- In this course you will learn how design cartoony monsters. If you are a beginner you may struggle with drawing a human or an animal and keep the right proportions. But drawing a monster gives you the freedom to experiment with shape and form and frees you from your fear of failing.
- In this course you will learn not only one but several techniques to draw cartoony monsters. You will also get an insight into character design and what makes a character look likable or dislikable. Yes, even a monster can be likable.
- What makes a monster a monster and how to pick up traits and features to design a monster?
- Also how to make an even hideous monster look cartoony so you can use it in your children´s book or story.
- You will also learn how to put emotions to your monster.
- Not only that, you will design a whole monster family with mom, dad and a baby and learn how to put features from the same species on characters with different gender and age.
- You will also learn what makes a monster appear more evil and how to create contrasts, which is essential in character design
- All you need is a blue and a black pencil, paper and an open mind
If you ever wanted to become a character designer or just learn how to draw but you have struggled to draw people or animals, this is the course for you.
Monsters are creatures born out of human imagination and that´s why they are so unique and original. Each one of us can create a made-up character that is unique to just YOU.
In this course, you will get insights, guidelines, tips, and tricks on how to design cartoon monsters, what makes a monster looks like a monster, and how to find your unique style.
Not only will you start drawing amazing characters but that will open the door to your creativity and lead you to design even other cartoon characters.
Also, we all like scary stories. Learn how to give your little monster personality so it comes to life.
Learn how to put emotions to your monster.
How to make your monster be more evil, scary, or rather cute.
Learn how to draw monsters of different ages and gender.
We are going to talk about how to draw without fear, how to go about and design the anatomy of a made-up monster, and not only one but many different types.
This and much, much more.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners to advanced
I am a character design, film director, animator, and illustrator. I have worked in the animation industry for over 15 years, bringing characters to life.
I have worked with clients such as McDonald's and Ericsson to create top-notch 3D animated characters for their commercials.
I´ve had the privilege to direct actors such as Sir Roger Moore and Peter Stormare among all, as voice actors for animated movies. I´ve worked with renowned illustrators and screenwriters such as Iain McCaig, the legendary designer from Star Wars, to breathe life into stories and characters.
The TV-show I´ve recently written and directed, called Space Yoghurt, is having a worldwide success and has been featured twice in the Animation Magazine.
I´ve published several children´s books.
I started my life as an artist at the age of 13 when I attended art school. The first year we had to draw 50 drawings a day, after school. It seemed a lot, but now I know it was what it took to be able to draw well. I know what it takes to become an artist, but also I know the struggle of the process.
I´m here to share with you the knowledge that I´ve been gathering through my experience on how to draw. I´m also here to inspire you and let you know that each one of the artists you admire today has been a beginner. Having said that, I´m going to share with you some shortcuts to how you can start drawing and get a result immediately, because, sure you need to put in the work, but inspiration is what will keep you going.
You will see that you too have it in you, but you are not aware of it yet.
Welcome to my world.