How to draw CARTOONY HUMANS
- 6.5 hours on-demand video
- 6 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You will learn how to draw HUMAN PROPORTION and how to make humans look CARTOONY.
- You will learn how to find your own style and design your own cartoony humans.
- You will learn how to keep the same style of cartoonying if you are designing your book and characters for your animated movie.
- You will learn how to put emotions to your characters.
- You will learn how to make a character sheet - how to draw your character from different sides.
- You will learn what is an Archetype and how you go about to design one.
- You need a pencil and a paper. P.S. - no eraser needed!
*NEW UPDATES (2020-04-17):
- Bonus videos on how to draw a cartoony face of a Hero!
- How to translate human proportions of the face and make them cartoony.
- How to make varios of different faces and find the right cartoony character for your style or archetype.
A message to my students:
Obs. In those difficult times for all of us, it´s easy to loose hope. But we´ve made it through tough times before. Yet, when are in the tunnel it´s hard to see the end of it. Creativity will keep you grounded, happy and will give you a focus of faith and hope.
I hope you can use this time to develop your drawing skills, coming out of this crisis stronger and with more knowledge. Stay safe all, and keep drawing.
Have you ever dreaded the art class, but not because you hate drawing, but because you love it so much and you feel that you can not meet your own expectations? Not only that. You´ve had your childish dream alive to become an illustrator, but you find that drawing humans and even cartoony humans, is the hardest thing of all.
I hear you. I was just like you. But now, after 17 years of a successful career in the animation and illustration industry I have discovered that the problem is not in your hand or whether you have a talent or not, but it´s in your mind. Yes, you read correctly. Even you can draw and become a brilliant artist if you have the right approach.
And that´s what I´m going to show you here. This exclusive offer with change the way you think and therefore the way you draw once and for all.
So what will you learn in this course:
- You will learn what are male and female proportions
- What makes a human look cartoony
- How to approach cartoonying depending on the outcome you are desiring
- How to use shapes and shadows to design cartoony humans
- How evolve your character from being a generic human to being a specific character with personality
- What is an Archetype and why is it important to know when you work with cartoony humans
- Different types of Evil and Good characters, how to draw a Hero and a Villain
- How proportions change the way we perceive characters
- How to dress your characters - why are costumes important
- How to brainstorm with simple shapes and how to find the characters suggested by your subconscious mind
- How to bring your character to life - creating a Character Sheet
- How to put emotions to your character
This and much more you will find in this course, as well as I will share with you some insights from the kitchen of an illustrator and an animator while I guide you, step by step to exploring your own creativity, finding your own style and become the artist you´ve always dreamed of.
I hope to see you on the other side of this course.
- All beginners in drawing. If you think you can only draw stick figures, if that, I´m here to prove you wrong. There is an artist in you that you are not aware of.
- If you already have some experience in drawing, this course will be good for you too. You will learn a lot about character design and how to break your own bounderies to take yourself to a new level of drawing.
- If you are an advanced artist, you will get some insights from a different point of view. If you´ve been drawing the same style for ages, maybe you want to try a different approach but you seem to be stuck at the same patterns of drawing. Here, you can learn some new tecniques of how to approach your drawing and explore a different side of your creativity.
This is the Introduction to the course you´ve already seen. You don´t need a special introduction, besides what you´ve already heard.
All you will need is a blue and a black pencil. Choose pencils that are rather soft - not too oily, not too dry. But any pencil will do. You don´t need a special brand. The only thing is that if you choose a softer black pencil you will be able to have more definition in your final drawing, it will just look more finished.
Grab your pencils, a paper and lets start.
What are the anatomically correct male proportions?
How do we exaggerate those to make a character look cartoony?
Are there only one way of doing that?
In this video you will learn how to draw a male human body and how to take those features into cartooning.
Learn how to take the male facial proportions and turn them into a cartoony heroic character.
How to draw even difficult poses?
How to use the mirror to help your character designing skills?