Wonderful course. Sections 3 and 5, in particular, which show you two techniques for developing characters from scratch. It's less than a week since I purchased this course and my notebook already contains a bunch of characters which I would never have discovered had it not been for this course (and those 2 sections in particular). It's like my art has been fitted with booster rockets. There's something very wrong with Udemy's search algorithms when a course of this quality doesn't have more students. Thank You so much, Maria.
The course is great fun and has really good instructions. I am surprised that my characters already look like cartoon figures.
I found this course very helpful. It was exactly what I was looking for to learn to create some cartoon personalities. Thank you very much!
A message to my students:
Obs. In those difficult times for all of us, it´s easy to lose hope. But we´ve made it through tough times before. Yet, when are in the tunnel it´s hard to see the end of it. Creativity will keep you grounded, happy and will give you a focus of faith and hope.
I hope you can use this time to develop your drawing skills, coming out of this crisis stronger and with more knowledge. Stay safe all, and keep drawing.
Have you ever dreaded the art class, but not because you hate drawing, but because you love it so much and you feel that you can not meet your own expectations? Not only that. You´ve had your childish dream alive to become an illustrator, but you find that drawing humans and even cartoony humans, is the hardest thing of all.
I hear you. I was just like you. But now, after 17 years of a successful career in the animation and illustration industry, I have discovered that the problem is not in your hand or whether you have a talent or not, but it´s in your mind. Yes, you read correctly. Even you can draw and become a brilliant artist if you have the right approach.
And that´s what I´m going to show you here. This exclusive offer with change the way you think and therefore the way you draw once and for all.
So what will you learn in this course:
- You will learn what are male and female proportions
- What makes a human look cartoony
- How to approach cartooning depending on the outcome you are desiring
- How to use shapes and shadows to design cartoony humans
- How to evolve your character from being a generic human to being a specific character with a personality
- What is an Archetype and why is it important to know when you work with cartoony humans
- Different types of Evil and Good characters, how to draw a Hero and a Villain
- How proportions change the way we perceive characters
- How to dress your characters - why are costumes important
- How to brainstorm with simple shapes and how to find the characters suggested by your subconscious mind
- How to bring your character to life - creating a Character Sheet
- How to put emotions to your character
This and much more you will find in this course, as well as I, will share with you some insights from the kitchen of an illustrator and an animator while I guide you, step by step to exploring your own creativity, finding your own style, and become the artist you´ve always dreamed of.
I hope to see you on the other side of this course.
- Bonus videos on how to draw a cartoony face of a Hero!
- How to translate human proportions of the face and make them cartoony.
- How to make various of different faces and find the right cartoony character for your style or archetype.