Cartooning for Beginners - How to Draw Cartoon Robots!
What you'll learn
- Build up characters from basic shapes like squares, circles and rectangles
- The ability to create a more interesting drawing using line variation, colouring and shading
- By the end of the course you will have created five full colour cartoon robots to share with the world!
- No prior knowledge is required - you just need some pens, pencils, paper and a hunger to draw!
Welcome to How to Draw Cartoon Robots! This is a course for beginners, kids, parents or anyone else who would like to learn cartooning. In this course I’ll be walking you step-by-step through my process to create five cartoon robots (and their five little ducky pilots!). By the end of this workshop you will have created a the Laundry Bot, the Fancy Bot, the Party Bot, the Bunny RabBot and the oddly named 'Salad Server'!
I’ll first show you the sketch phase, where I build up each robot with some basic shapes, then we’ll move on to inking in the dominant lines with a thick pen, followed by adding details with a thin pen. Finally we will get out some colored pencils and do some good old fashioned coloring in!
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for kids or any adults wanting to start learning how to draw cartoons
Oh hello there! My name is Malcolm Monteith, I am an artist and illustrator from Australia - It is a glorious nation, filled with great coffee and things that can kill you. My artistic adventures include things such as illustrating logos, posters, comics, selling oil paintings and watercolours in galleries and eating chips.