How to Draw and Color Backgrounds plus Composition
- 6 hours on-demand video
- 6 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Draw backgrounds that have correct perspective and light and shadow.
- Paint backgrounds with proper colors and tone.
- Draw awesome backgrounds for their comics
- You need to know the basics of drawing.
- You will need to download the free Google Sketchup
Welcome to How to Draw and Paint Backgrounds. I'm excited you're taking this course because you're a creative artist that wants awesome looking backgrounds. You're the reason I created this course and because many of my students requested it.
Beginner and established artists requested it.
If you're a beginner, you will learn step-by-step to draw and paint awesome backgrounds.
Even if you are already proud of your backgrounds, you will learn to draw and paint them on a whole new level.
You can do this. I know how I used to feel, like I would never draw or paint good backgrounds, landscapes, interiors, etc, but once I learned a few key points, I started to draw good backgrounds.
Here are a few of those key points that you will learn in this course.
- Making perspective easy.
- Learning how to use the basics of Google Sketchup that will give you a jump start in drawing and painting backgrounds. It's almost like cheating, but great artists like the guy who draws for Dare Devil comics uses it.
- How to use form in backgrounds.
So who is this guy, you might be thinking.
I am a top art instructor here at Udemy with over 10,000 students and a bestselling author on Amazon for “How to Draw Awesome Figures.”
So, hey, follow along with me by enrolling in the course and learn to draw and paint backgrounds like you never have before.
- This course is for anyone that wishes to draw amazing backgrounds for their art, such as comics, storyboards, paintings, illustrations, etc.
- This course is not for those that already draw and paint amazing backgrounds.
These are not hard rules. They are more like guidelines.
- Having a center of interest
- Value and Color
- The 70/30 rule
- Leading lines/Shapes. Patterns, symmetry
- Rule of thirds