How To Draft Your Pattern From An Existing Garment
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn the tricks of the trade Learn the techniques of how to take patterns from existing garments Look at how to solve tricky problem areas and variations on specific garments Experience different ways of how to take patterns both flat and by draping it on the garment on the mannequin
- Have a basic understanding about pattern cutting and making
I am super excited to deliver this to you.
This course is designed for:
- Fashion students. - Industry professionals. - Hobbyists. - Fashion enthusiasts.
We will cover: - Taking a pattern of a simple vest top
- Looking at gathers and tucks from a skirt
- Looking at how to take a pattern of a dart
- Taking a pattern of a frill
- A brief overview of an elasticated waistband
- Comparing your pattern back to your block
- Taking the pattern of a simple sleeve
- Using a fun technique by taking a front bodice pattern of a jacket by draping fabric onto the mannequin
All of the lectures are delivered by video. The content is a fabulous introduction to the wonderful world of Pattern Cutting & Making. Which is the key skill in garment making. At the end of the course you will be ready to move forward in your pattern cutting journey.
If you want to enhance your career in one of the most competitive careers on the planet, then this is the course for you. See you on the inside.
- Fashion Students
- Industry Professionals
- Aspiring home dress makers
- Pattern Makers
- Pattern Cutters
- Fashion lovers