Qualitative research methods - interviews
- 4 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 15 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- What is a qualitative interview?
- Unstructured, Semi-structured and Structured interview - what are they?
- Advantages of Qualitative interviews
- How to develop an interview guide
- Different types of interview questions
- How to conduct a qualitative interview?
- How to develop good rapport during the interview?
- How to transcribe interviews, which approach to follow, what software to use for transcribing?
- Validity of interview data
- Interviewing vulnerable groups and sensitive topics
- Should you translate interviews? When to translate them?
- Should you hire a professional transcriber?
- You should be willing to learn about Qualitative Interviews!
In this course, you will gain a good understanding and knowledge of how to plan and conduct a study involving qualitative interviews.
I gained my experience as a research assistant at the universities of Oxford and Edinburgh, and then set up a research consulting company, helping over a 100 individuals and institutions to develop and conduct their research studies. I have also taught qualitative research methods at the University of Edinburgh.
In this course, my aim is to teach you everything I know about interviews - both the theory, including different types of interviews and interview questions, and practice - how to develop a good interview guide, how to act during the interview, how to elicit questions, how to start and end the interview, how to transcribe the interview, what to do with the interview data...
While doing so, I also point to specific sources in the literature, so that you can find them and support your arguments with academic references.
Watch the course trailer, explore the curriculum and ... enroll in the course. I have a feeling you will like it.
- Anyone wishing to develop their interviewing skills to conduct a professional interview-based study
- Academic students and teachers
- Business owners who wish to improve their practices through research
- Research assistants, research associates and research consultants