ArcGIS Pro & QGIS | 2 in 1 | paralell course
What you'll learn
- Do same task in ArcGIS and QGIS
- Geospatial analyisis - privative and open source sofware
- Create, manage, analyisis and publishing data
- the course is from scratch
The QGIS course originally was built in spanish, following the same lessons done in the english popular course Learn ArcGIS Pro Easy! We done it to demostrate than all this could be possible using open software; always in spanish. Then, some english users asked us, we created a english version of the course; it´s the reason why the interface of the QGIS software is in spanish but all the audio is english.
With this course you can expand your curriculum to know how to do the same task using ArcGIS Pro and QGIS.
-Import data from tables
-Import data from CAD
-Thematize and labeling
-Drawing tools and editing tables
The course includes materials data to download and do the task as in the videos. Is developed over the last versions of QGIS and ArcGIS Pro.
Section 1: The basic with QGIS and ArcGIS Pro
1. Let´s start with ArcGIS Pro
2. Let´s start with the QGIS
3. Data selection with ArcGIS Pro
4. Data selection with QGIS
5. Use bookmarks with ArcGIS Pro
6. Use bookmarks with QGIS
Section 2: Creating and editing spatial data with QGIS and ArcGIS Pro
7. Import data from Excel with ArcGIS Pro
8. Import data from Excel with QGIS
9. Symbology data with ArcGIS Pro
10. Symbology data with QGIS
11. Editing of attribute data with ArcGIS Pro
12. Editing of attribute data with QGIS
13. Labeling features with ArcGIS Pro
14. Labeling features with QGIS
15. Digitization of geographic information with ArcGIS Pro
16. Digitization of geographic information with QGIS
17. Georeferencing of images with ArcGIS Pro
18. Georeferencing of images with QGIS
Section 3: Analysis data with ArcGIS Pro and QGIS
19. Buffer analysis with ArcGIS Pro
20. Buffer analysis with QGIS
Section 4: Publishing contents from QGIS and ArcGIS Pro
21. Map generation with ArcGIS Pro
22. Map generation with QGIS
Section 5: Let´s do it in AulaGEO - step by step excercises with QGIS and ArcGIS Pro
23. Exercise 1. Import CAD data to GIS with ArcGIS Pro
24. Exercise 1.A Import CAD data to GIS with QGIS
25. Ejercicio 2. Import coordinates from Excel for split a polygon with ArcGIS Pro
26. Ejercicio 2.A Import coordinates from Excel for split a polygon with QGIS
27. Exercise 3. Calculation of areas and composition of fields with ArcGIS Pro
28. Exercise 3.A Calculation of areas and composition of fields with QGIS
29. Exercise 4. Buffer Analysis with ArcGIS Pro
30. Exercise 4.A Buffer Analysis with QGIS
31. Exercise 5. Attribute labeling with ArcGIS Pro
32. Exercise 5.A Attribute labeling with QGIS
33. Exercise 6. Thematization by attributes with ArcGIS Pro
34. Exercise 6.A Thematization by attributes with QGIS
35. Exercise 7. Digitization tricks with ArcGIS Pro
36. Exercise 7.A Digitization tricks with QGIS
37. Exercise 8. Gereferencing images with ArcGIS Pro
38. Exercise 8.A Gereferencing images with QGIS
Who this course is for:
- Users of QGIS or ArcGIS who want to learn the same task in both applications
- Users who want to learn open source and propietary software
Researcher, writer and rich content creator.
More than 25 years working int thee Geo-engineering industry:
-Infrastructure and civil work projects management
-CAD / GIS / Surveying & Construction training
-Land and Cadastre projects
-Land Administration and development projects
Founder of the Geofumadas website, with more than 1.900 articles about CAD, GIS, Surveying, Cadastre, BIM, Digital Twin and other trend topics. The website is over 170.000 visitors per month and 21.000 followers in twitter.
Founder of the TwinGeo magazine, attending on site conferences in USA, UK, Netherlands, Singapore, India, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, Chile, Guatemala and other countries.
Founder of the AulaGEO Academy, with more than 100 courses focused in geospatial, engineering and operation of land and infrastructure projects.
We choose the best courses and make them available to new audiences.
Our training offer covers the entire spectrum of data intelligence:
Art - Capture - Modeling - Design - Construction - Operation. Using technological development and process improvement as a transverse thread.
The creators of courses with which we have decided to work have been carefully selected, to offer a complementary set of knowledge. We firmly believe that today people do not seek courses to fill their walls with diplomas; but to make their abilities more productive.