NEWLY UPDATED SECTION ON DIRECTING ACTORS!
WE WILL GET INTO A VARIETY OF SPECIFIC TECHNIQUES TO GET YOUR ACTORS TO GIVE STRONG PERFORMANCES IN LINE WITH YOUR OVERALL VISION FOR THE MOVIE YOU ARE DIRECTING!
Have you ever found yourself saying:
"I could of done that [movie] better!"
"I would have done it THIS way!"
"They should have ended the movie by ____________."
"That actor is all wrong for the part!"
Then this course is perfect for you!
In this course you will learn to direct a movie from beginning to end, starting with receiving a script and analyzing it as a director would, all the way through pre-production, principal photography (shooting the movie) and post-production.
You will also learn how to work with different departments at different stages of production and how to communicate and manage a set so that you are giving your crew creative freedom while also keeping the movie together a cohesive creative piece.
No Experience on set?
Direct Your First Movie Using PROVEN Techniques Will Help You Prepare To Direct a Great Movie
- Pre-Production activities that teach you how to read the script from a director's point of view and then
- Exercises to clarify how you want to tell the story on many different levels
- Being On-Set, Making the Movie, including the flow of being on set and what is expected of you as a director
- What you need to know as the director about Post-Production Video Editing, and Film Festivals
Already crewing movies?
If you are already in the entertainment industry and are wondering how to level up, learning to direct is a good choice and this course can help you do it. You may already know the flow of being on set and have observed directors working from whatever set position you have.
This course will give you a more holistic view of the position including the parts you may not see, especially during pre production and post production.
Are you an actor?
Then you already have part of education you need as a director. Directors need to understand acting and communicate well with actors. Since you already know acting and most likely spent time studying your craft, you will know how to get actors to the place they need to be so that you get the performance you desire. Also, all of those Meisner or Improv exercises you did school can now be used to help the actors you are directing get a better sense of the roll.
What are the requirements?
I provide a practice script to learn the directing techniques taught in this course, so really all you need is a notebook and pen.
You may want a printer to print out the script so that you can make notes on the script.
Who is the target audience?
- People that have always wanted to direct a movie but have not known how or where to begin
- People that are currently working in the entertainment industry (even theater) who would like to switch positions or would just like to know more about the position of director on set and what the job entails
- People who have have ever said, "I could have done that [movie] better!" or, "I would have done it THIS way!" or "They should have ended the movie by ____________."
If that sounds like you, click on the red button on the right!
And remember, this course comes with lifetime "membership" (you own it forever) and a 30 day absolutely no questions asked full money back guarantee - my personal promise of your happiness and satisfaction!