How To DESIGN CHARACTERS for comics, games and animation
What you'll learn
- How to design memorable and recognizable characters for use in games, comics, or animation
- The importance of an origin story, simplified structures, bodytypes, articulation, simplified anatomy, silhouettes, power sets, symbols, color theory, costume c
- Techniques for creating original characters that stand out in their respective industries
- Be able to create a well rounded character for future use.
- How to develop a concept for a character and turn it into a fully realized design
- The role of color theory in creating visually appealing characters
- Techniques for simplifying complex anatomy to create more stylized designs
- How to choose costumes and other design elements that enhance the character's personality and story
- Strategies for creating characters with distinct and memorable silhouettes
- Tips for designing characters with believable and functional articulation
- The importance of considering a character's power sets and symbols in the design process
- How to convey a character's personality through design choices
- Ways to incorporate various design styles into character creations
- Basic drawing skills
- Enthusiasm and motivation to learn character design techniques
- A desire to create original and memorable characters for use in games, comics, or animation.
Are you interested in learning how to design unique and memorable characters for games, comics, or animation? Look no further! This course, titled "How To DESIGN CHARACTERS," offers a comprehensive guide on creating iconic characters from start to finish. As a student, you'll have personal contact with the instructor and lifetime access to course materials. You'll also gain a better understanding of how professional mech illustrations are created. Plus, you'll have the support of the instructor and the Udemy Q&A section or through direct message.
In this course, you'll learn about the "dirty dozen" units that make up the foundation of character design: the origin story, simplified structures, bodytypes, articulation, simplified anatomy, silhouettes, power sets, symbols, color theory, costume choices, personalities, and styles. Each unit covers a different aspect of character design, helping you understand how to give your character the vibe you want and why certain design elements work better than others.
Instructor Ed Foychuk has a proven track record in teaching, with tens of thousands of students, and presents the material through easy-to-follow videos and templates. This course is perfect for artists of all levels and is offered with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try it out with confidence. So why settle for copying existing characters when you can create something original? Enroll in this course and learn the skills to make your own distinctive characters that stand out in the game design, comic, or animation industries.
Who this course is for:
- Artists who want to learn how to design memorable and recognizable characters for use in games, comics, or animation
- Students or professionals who are interested in the character design process for games, comics, or animation
- Anyone looking to improve their skills in character design and illustration
- Those who want to create original and distinctive characters for their own projects or for use in the industry
- Anyone who is interested in receiving guidance and support from an experienced instructor and a community of fellow students.
Hi guys! I'm Ed Foychuk, and I've been a professional illustrator for decades now. Most of my adult life I was based in Asia, so a lot of the work I have from that period is of an animation style. I did however grow up on Canada, so western comic books are definitely my foundation.
I've got a background in Education and Strength Training, and always wondered how I'd combine all of my passions and worlds... and then Udemy came on the scene! I love creating courses for you, my students. I've got 20 so far, and dad jokes aside, I think my passion shines through. My specialties are in breaking down subjects, understanding structures, Anatomy, and story telling.
At 20+ courses published on this site, I've gained a lot of experience. I've learned so much from my students, and really appreciate all of the feedback and support given.
I love working as a freelance illustrator and instructor. It's opened up so many possibilities in my life, and I want to share that all with you.