Car/Vehicle Rims Design Course : How to Design Car Rims!
What you'll learn
- Learn the Technique of spoke division and its importance in Rim Design
- Designing a Rim in Orthogonal as well as 2 point perspective
- Anatomy of a Rim of a vehicle
- Simple but effective technique to save time while designing rims in illustrator
- Learn The Interface and Properties of Adobe Illustrator Tools
- A very basic knowledge of 2 point perspective is helpful but not necessary.
- Adobe Illustrator is recommended but not necessary. Pen and Paper can also be used.
- Will to be persistent even if you fail the first time.
- PRACTICING what I preach :)
Learn to design your own RIMS on your favorite car design, from scratch! The first course on Udemy teaching exclusively about rim design of a vehicle! It's a beginner to intermediate level course and I will give you step by step approaches on how to draw your own designs of the rims!
As a car enthusiast, I love a set of perfect fitting rims. Makes a car look complete. Many vehicle/ car design courses on Udemy teach a good amount of vehicle design, but they always fall short of designing one of the most beloved part of a car - RIMS! So, I decided that there should be one exclusive course on how to design your own rims! This course will serve as an addition to any car design course you took, or if you are passionate about designing cars, but want an exclusive course on rim design alone.
It's an easy course to follow. We will use Adobe Illustrator to draw our rims.
The key things that we will cover are -
First comes the basics of the interface of the Adobe Illustrator. We will go through the mail tools that we will require in order to easily draw our rims.
Then comes the anatomy of a car rim. We will discuss the cross section of a car rim to better understand what we should design primarily, then build up on that.
We will then talk about one of the most important aspect of car rim design, which is spoke division. Spokes are what makes the major portion of the exterior of the rims, which makes our car look stunning! We will go through it in great detail so that you could easily follow along and practice it.
Then comes the most cherished part of the course - rim design process! We will go in detail with this one. We will first set up our Adobe illustrator for symmetrical drawings, which you can easily follow along. Then first, we will draw the rims in orthographic or draft view, which is same as drawing a 2D car or a figure. Then we will go through designing the same wheel in 3D with the help of 2 point perspective. I will give a brief explanation of 2 point perspective, so that you can have an idea of how things look in perspective.
So, it's a short course but with the necessary details. You can ask questions regarding the course which you feel are important in learning rim design and I will answer them promptly. So, let's have some fun designing rims together!!!!
Who this course is for:
- Any Car/Vehicle Enthusiast
- Anybody who wants a brief introduction to Adobe Illustrator and some techniques.
- Anybody who wants to design their own sick rims!
- Beginner to Intermediate in Perspectives
- Beginners looking to get into automotive design
Hi all. I am Jatin. I am a designer and I have knowledge of industry standard software like adobe photoshop, illustrator, premiere pro. I have previously worked with YouTube content creators, designing their logos, thumbnails, and even their merch on their custom stores.
I am a car enthusiast, I love cars. I love to experiment with the proportions of the products that I design and I am passionate about spreading my knowledge to others! I love teaching, because knowledge improves upon spreading. I have taken many courses myself, and gone through trial and error, learning every step of the way. I am a teacher and also a student.
So that's my story. I am super excited to welcome you all to join my courses and have fun learning designing and interacting with one another. See you!